Friday, October 14, 2011

Know who your King Is

Conformed to the world
I became a believer when I was about fourteen. Oh, yes, I believed in God long before that, but had never felt remorse and asked for forgiveness, both of which are a requirement for salvation. If you asked me “Are you a Christian?” I would say “Yes!” However, I was a believer, but not a Christian. I had never felt bad about my sin to the extent that I wanted to change. I was so conformed to the world that if I was a Christian, I was a “secret Christian”.

Romans (ESV) 12:2 “Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

My life was still in accord with the world! Is that okay? God made the world didn't he? It must be good. Yes, God made the world, but man made bad decisions. The fall of Adam made the world much different than it had been in the heavenly-type garden. Satan became the ruler of this world:

John (ESV) 12:31 “Now is the judgment of this world; now will the ruler of this world be cast out.

Yes, Satan is the TEMPORARY ruler of this world. Be a follower of him and you'll have the same destiny. He will be cast out (defeated) when the world is judged. If you're judged to be worldly (by Jesus) you'll join your king in hell.

If you're not a Christian I bet you had no idea who your ruler is! I bet that you try not to think about death and eternity and by doing so, you can live in your pleasure without guilt. You can't be sorry for your sins unless you look at your life and feel guilty about what you do! What would you say if I told you that you're brainwashed?

2 Corinthians (ESV) 4:4 “In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.”

Christ the Messiah is not a religious story! Jesus existed in the flesh and secular history tells His story. He was a real man, but was he God? You admit that you admire the love and respect which Jesus taught? He also taught peace and ethics. All good stuff, huh? Jesus also says that He is God! So this righteous man is a liar? If you believe that your thinking has been blinded by the God of this world, Satan. He wants you to believe anything BUT that Jesus is eternal, he was born of a virgin, he taught the world, he performed miracles, he died voluntarily on the cross so you could live, he was resurrected and he still lives today! Satan might allow you to believe that Jesus was a “good man” or “great teacher”, but he certainly doesn't want you to believe he was all the things mentioned!

One other thing. Jesus will judge you! He will defeat Satan and cast him out forever. You've heard much about the loving Jesus, but have heard little about his vengeance. I'm sure that if you're a unsaved sinner right now or a “secret Christian” that you're a lover of pleasure.

Proverbs (ESV) 21:17 “Whoever loves pleasure will be a poor man; he who loves wine and oil will not be rich.”

Our poverty and lack of riches is not what we are in this world. It's where you'll be in the next. If you don't get that beautiful heavenly room where all your needs are met, you'll most surely be poor. You'll spend eternity in total darkness, punishment and hate.

When I was in my early 20s, I thought more seriously about my life and prayed about it. I really felt bad about my sins because I was in effect following the devil. How could I be a Christian, but live like the devil? I dishonored Jesus. My thinking process was messed up. It needed a fine-tuning: “but be transformed by the renewal of your mind”. I changed! I was transformed. I put away all distractions and thought about my life, my sinful life. I felt sorrow and CRIED! Real men don't cry., they say. You do if you're miserable with your life. You will if you realize who your ruler really is.

After your mind is renewed what do you do about it? “that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.” You test your behavior and thoughts. Your standard of comparison is God's Word. You want to follow your newly discovered King, Jesus. Through the guidance of the Spirit you will seek to be Christlike, to do what is good, what is acceptable to God and you'll seek Christian perfection. Will you be perfect? No, your not Jesus so you'll fail. However, if you follow Jesus in earnest he will shield his face from your failures and forget them, so to speak.

Now what do you do with this information. You can go on following your “soon to be damned king”, or you could repent and get a new holy King, or you can renew your mind and please the King! The choice is yours. Eternal life is a result of right thinking and wise decisions!


No comments:

Post a Comment