Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Grand kids

I have two of my four grand kids with me tonight! My day... no, my year is made! I seldom see them and when I do I'm astounded at their growth; not only physical, but in maturity. What pleases me is that my granddaughters are following in my footsteps. They may not know that and may even hate to be compared to me, but God beaconed me at an early age. My own Dad worked all hours and Mom didn't drive so I went to church by myself. I can't fathom growing up without a church family.
.
My granddaughters do the same. They have chosen to become active in their own church! I remember it well about three years ago! They told me they were getting baptized. I asked if they had been saved and they replied “No.” I explained to them that baptism is for the “saved” and that they first must be saved before baptism is effectual. They confessed that they were sinners, asked forgiveness and prayed for redemption. I explained to them that if they believed in Jesus with all their heart and were truly sorry, then Jesus would save them. Both testified that they were now Christians. I said “Now you can be baptized and It'll mean something!”
.
I watch them on Facebook daily. They are a witness to Christ and though not perfect, have never caused anyone an ounce of trouble. Both study the Bible, participate in youth activities and make me proud! They did this without the influence or instruction of a parent. They do it because they want to! That's what Christ meant when he said:
.
Matthew 18:1 “At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven? 2And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them, 3And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.”
.
Yes... it's easy for a child to be saved. They have little baggage, know nothing of philosophical issues, have not been crazed by what's falsely called knowledge and they have a tender responsive heart. A child can even love so much more unconditionally than an adult. You see children loving fat people, ugly people, gigantic ones, black ones, red-haired ones, those with acne, those who stink, those who're crippled and even the narcissistic ones. Children by nature love everyone, whereas adults have been conditioned to be biased! The least little chastisement of a child brings them to guilty tears. Oh, to be as a child again and not be hung-up on grown-up things!
.
Mark 10:14 “But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer (do not hinder) the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.”
.
We need to encourage our young to love Jesus at a young age before their hearts are hardened. If we could only tenderize our own hearts, perhaps more of us would be as brave as the children. God loves them! They are what he wants us to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment