Sunday, April 13, 2014

A Heavy Heart

Sometimes a thought doesn't have to be long. There's not much we can do to heal a heavy heart, but the closest we can come to it is ask to be forgiven. Forgiveness is not guaranteed, but we must do so. Sometimes we hurt others when we have no intention of doing so. What we perceive as benign many not be in the eyes of another. With that said here's what I'm thinking:
Colossians 3:13 "Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive."
I have a heavy heart. To be able to do things over would be so convenient, but alas, we can't. There are consequences and sometimes consequences hurt.  I've made restitution before to those I wronged in years past, but sometimes restitution just can't heal. Sorrow makes me long for eternal joy where hearts are happy again. Unfortunately, it's impossible to force forgiveness. A spark must come from the Lord.

Most of the time those we hurt, intentionally or not, are those we love the most.  My prayer is "Lord make things right that I mess up. Have those love me whose love I've lost."

No comments:

Post a Comment