Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Why we were born. And you wondered why!

Did you ever wonder why? Why me Lord? Did you ever wonder why you're here? If you were never born the earth would never be the same!  Those who are conceived, but never born, leave a void in the world. What would life be like if they were here?
(Psalm 139:13-14 KJV) "For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well." 
Covering us in our mother's womb is the protection that God offers to us so that we might be born. Yes, he knew us in the womb and protects us from harm there. Others can interfere, but it's God's will that what he has joined together shall not be torn asunder. (That applied to everything, not just marriage!)

I study genealogy. On the Jewish calendar this is the year 5774. Most theologians agree that a biblical generation is forty years. Hence, mankind has existed for 5774 / 40 = 144.4 generations or 145 to the closest generation. If a person never had a repeat ancestor then each of us would have 2.2300745e+43 (that's 2.23 with 43 zeros.  It's greater than our deficit multiplied by itself! That's more people than ever lived!) However, our ancestors married other ancestors of ours and truncated that family tree. As we move backward our own quantity of ancestors diverge until there is not enough people then converge back to Adam and Eve! They are my ancestors and yours!
1 Timothy 1:4 "Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do."
Calculators hadn't been invented, not even modern mathematics. Logarithms were invented in 1614 in order to handily calculate exponential equations. However, as we can see from above, Paul, in his letter to Timothy, realized the "endless genealogies" of mankind without using higher level mathematics!

What's the point being made? Each of us have ancestors without end, but we are a composite of all those ancestors! Pick any one of the (2.23,000,000,0000....43 zeroes) ancestors we had in theory, eliminate even one of them, and we're not here!  I'm sure we all had an ancestor named Igor some time back. If Igor had tripped and fell and was killed by a bear giving chase,  __________ (your name here) would not be in existence! That's profound. Thank you Igor for procreating before you were eaten if you were.

Assume your name is Janice. If Janice loses her baby that counts as a life. A person lived for a spell. However, that child will never have descendants. Not only is the child lost to posterity, but so is all of the child's potential line. With the loss of Janice's baby the world will be a much different place!  Do you disagree? Consider Abraham and his willingness to sacrifice his son Isaac:
Genesis 22:16 "And said, By myself have I sworn, saith the Lord, for because thou (Abraham) hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son (Isaac), thine only son: 17 That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies; 18 And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice."
Abraham by faith was about to make a living sacrifice of his only son to God! He was willing to obey God because he believed so strongly in the majesty of his Creator. God called off the execution, Isaac lived and God provided the sacrifice in the place of Isaac. Because Abraham had great faith, God multiplied his descendants as numerous figuratively as all the stars in heaven. Abraham is my ancestor as is Isaac. If Abraham had sacrificed Isaac, I wouldn't be here. Neither would you! What's more Jesus would never have been born because Jesus' fleshly genealogy includes Isaac!

The world would be much different if Isaac had been sacrificed. I cherish me and the world would be much different without me. However, my humble life has made a pin prick in the balloon we call the world. However, Jesus made a difference! A humongous difference! Without the faith of Abraham God would have allowed the sacrifice of Isaac. Without Abraham's faith, we would never be here to have faith in Jesus. In fact Jesus would never have been here for us to be the object of our faith for us to be saved! We are re-born because Jesus was born. We have salvation because Abraham had faith!

Isaac lived! He multiplied. Jesus lives, he spiritually multiplied, leaving no human heirs. However, because of Jesus the promise to Abraham has been fulfilled: 18 "And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice."

I'm blessed. I have accepted Jesus and my blessing is eternal life! You have the same chance. Just as I am blessed by the faith of Abraham and the faith which I have in the blood of Jesus, I am the spiritual father to all who I lead to Christ!  Even if only one other person is reborn because of my own rebirth, the angels rejoice in heaven, because The Great Commission calls me to become the spiritual father of many! (Abraham is a picture of what each of us are called to be!)

I will never be the ancestor of God as Abraham is to Jesus. However, I will be the ancestor of many yet to be born and to those who're born again! How many people will result from my seed? That depends! My biological seed depends on my grandchildren and their proclivity. My spiritual seed depends on how many people I reach for Jesus! That's my ministry; to reach others; to reach the nations! That's why I write this blog.

Are you spreading spiritual seed? That's our calling! We're to tell the story of Jesus so that his sons may be as  numerous as the stars in heaven! That was the faith of Abraham. That's why Isaac lived. That's why Jesus was born! That's why Jesus died and was resurrected. That's why Jesus yet lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment