Friday, July 25, 2014

Twisted Sister and his Brothers

Probably what I hate most in the world is the hard rock music culture. For me its more at odds with Christianity than any other entertainment medium. Even acting in Hollywood pales in debauchery compared to the likes of Twisted Sister, Boy George, and the "heavy metal" genre of music. It's more than the music itself, much of which is described as head-banging, but encompasses much twisted behavior.

Beyonce channels an evil spirit called "Sasha Fierce" who, according to her own words, takes her over when she's singing. Why would a sane person want to listen to insanity at best and demon-influenced music at worst?

Then we have Jimi Hendrix. Many worship him and his music. His girlfriend, Fayne Pridgon, who said in her book:   “He used to always talk about some devil or something [that] was in him, you know. He didn’t know what made him act the way he acted and what made him say the things he said, and the songs and different things like that … just came out of him. He really was obsessed, you know, with something really evil.”

I could go on and on about the antics of those onstage, but have to admit that I'm not savvy to that scene. All I see is what's displayed as I watch those "awful" news programs, history, travel and documentaries. However, it's easy to spot the rebellion and indoctrination in the music of popular entertainers. During my day anti-war music was in vogue. Being a supporter of my nation and a patriot I never listened to it. I believed it to be disrespectful of those fighting on behalf of me to listen to music which led to protests which got our soldiers killed!

Likewise, I never watch Jane Fonda and "stars" like her because they're the bottom of the barrel of humankind! They're almost as bad as those doctors who are inhumane enough to murder unborn babies, which by the way, the liberal music and acting industry supports whole-heartedly!

I'm not indicting all rock music although most of it I have no desire to hear. Even most rock musicians espouse political beliefs that condemns my own, and I have no desire to support or even listen to those who hate my views. There's just better things to do with my time and certainly better genres for my entertainment.

The library shelves are full of psychology research which tell of the power and influence of music in society. That's why writers wrote anti-war lyrics. It was a way to get a message across under the guise of entertainment. It works well! Many people put rock music above all else. It's their God!  I criticized the beliefs of John Lennon by referring to his views as "soap scum". Although what he believed was 100% narcissistic (More popular than Jesus) and his religion pagan, the person to whom I said that got quite angry!

In answer to the blog question: "Was Jimi Hendrix possessed by demons?" look at some of the responses:
killingj0ke answered 3 years ago
if he was, then i wish theyd possess me too. the man was a legend, an icon. but most great guitarists have the whole demon worship sh*t going on (jimmy page for example, just something i read). even if these men were "possessed by demons" theyre legends, and their music will live forever. why wouldnt a demon possess them? i would, if i was a demon.
lil'bitt answered 3 years ago
If he was then he was possessed by some damn cool demons...
Excuse their language, but that seems to be the type of people who listen to hard rock music!

"Rock Music" (Rock'n Roll) itself is named for  'backseat sex". Even it's name is unrighteous! God being holy and nothing unholy is acceptable to him, I just question why music which is so licentious is so loved by Christians! Some would say that I'm too uptight and should loosen up. That's exactly what music is supposed to do and I'm about as loose as I want to be!
2 Corinthians 6:17 (ESV) "Therefore go out from their midst, and be separate from them, says the Lord, and touch no unclean thing; then I will welcome you..."
Certainly what we're to separate from is subjective, but in separating I seek the will of God. If a person believes God and  accepts the rebellion of heavy metal rock music, that's  between them and God. Let me suggest that those who are in unity with that culture reexamine scripture with righteousness in mind!
1 John 2:15 (ESV) "Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him."
Listening to a few secular songs is certainly not damning, but one should examine what's important to them and in what they dwell. If one's life is dedicated to recreation, that's a sin of omission. Our heart should belong to God! Even worse is when a person's heart is dedicated to what God finds offensive!  Although, it would be silly for me to define what kind of music God enjoys, here's a clue right from him:
Ephesians 5:19 (ESV) "Addressing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody to the Lord with your heart..."
Our music is to god-focused! And what genre should it be? "Psalms, hymns and spiritual songs!" The astute listener who's discerning should know that Twisted Sister is hardly focused on the Lord and it's headbanging beat is not psalms and hymns! We don't always have to sing about the Lord just as we don't have to play golf for the Lord. However, none of our pleasures should supplant time with the Lord and never should it be licentious!

Who are your heroes? Is it Twisted Sister, Beyonce, Jimi Hendrix, Lady Gaga, or even Miley Cyrus? Then perhaps you should question whether your joy is with the world or with the Lord:
James 4:4 (ESV) "You adulterous people! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.
Christians are to be set apart from God. Does our life reflect that. I'm not to judge you, but I can give you these words so that you can do a self-evaluation. For me the rock and entertainment world is disgusting and to be honest, my standards are much lower than God's because I fail him often!  However, as a teenager God gave me discernment to turn away from much popular entertainment. Even the Beatles, popular at that time, and mild by today's standards sang a different tune than what I believed. Most people didn't care that songs such as Yellow Submarine was a song of the drug culture, but I did!  It's much easier to go along with the world than shunning it, but that's Christian principle and obedience!

I have problem in several areas of my life, but entertainment isn't one of them. When licentious entertainment comes on I turn off! When rebellious music causes others heads to bang, my heart bangs with irritation. When music with a hidden political message comes on, I'm offended at the encroachment upon my beliefs. It's just not pleasure to listen to what's disgusting!

Oh, did I fail to mention the drug culture? Rock music and the world of Hollywood is saturated with drug use. I just can't seem to be entertained by those who may not even know what planet they're on. Those who depend on chemicals for existence are neglecting God and are in rebellion. I have no desire to hear the sweet song of Mary Jane! Listening to potheads such as Willie Nelson is not setting myself apart from the world!

Yes, you can disagree with my commentary! That's okay. I don't claim to be the final word. Just use God's scale to weigh everything. It's fair and equitable!
1 Peter 5:8 (ESV) "Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour."
1 John 4:1 (ESV) "Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."
Test the spirit of the music to which you listen. Does it magnify God or the world? Would God be pleased that  you listen to it? Areyou a devoted follower? With God we can't be "Mugwumps". We can't have one leg on that spiritual fence with God and the other leg on the side of Satan. That's not God's will. That's not what Christians are called to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment