Saturday, August 30, 2014

Being Sorry

Words mean things! Words are a product of the tongue and the tongue is the sword of the mind. Since the brain can't directly attack another, it enlists the tongue. The tongue is manipulated by the mind to make utterances called "words". The tongue gets the blame, but is it really the tongue? Oh, yes; the mouth is in collusion with the tongue. They are partners in crime! Or are they just a scapegoat?
Psalm 34:13 Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile.
This one verse summarizes my point! "You" is the understood subject. You are to keep your tongue from evil and your lips too! "You" is the individual. Who's in charge of the individual? Your mind? Your mind sends out signals to the other members of the body based on what's called "the heart?. It's not really the "heart" which has emotions of hate, love and apathy, but the heart detects those emotions. It beats faster and harder depending on what the mind tells it to do, but the mind just responds to emotion. I suppose that "the heart" is our feelings manifested in the reaction of the heart. Those emotions are part of our soul.

 A soul filled with the Holy Spirit is revealed with a kind disposition. A soul filled with evil is hateful and subsequently anxious, stressed and excitable. A kind disposition is manifested in a docile heart which has little stress. Kind hearts are gentle and those who are kind usually live longer.
Ephesians 4:32 "And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you."
My tongue has been critical. I have used it as a weapon. For that I need forgiveness. To all to whom my tongue has been a weapon, I apologize. The tongue does reflect what's in my heart although I sometimes deny that.

I guess we're all alike in the heart anyway:
Romans 3:12 "They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one. 13 Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:"
There goes the twins of tongue and lips again! However, sometimes the brain and soul are not in harmony. That's called "putting ones foot in the mouth". I do things without thinking and only God knows if that's a reflection of my emotions. I can only add that I do say things without validating the wisdom of saying. Also, my heart still has some evil remnants. Unrighteous anger and blame are two of those. I still say wrong things and hurt people. If that happens the Holy Spirit checks me and I make a change. Sometimes the Holy Spirit uses others to check my tongue. I've hurt others when another has to reprove me. If only I could rewind hurtful situations! But I can't. Forgiveness is all that I can seek.

Forgiveness can't happen without "being sorry". Saying "I'm sorry!" is a feeble attempt to smooth, but BEING SORRY is true remorse.

"Love is not having to say you're sorry." Love is "being sorry" for hurting those you love. This is true for others and for God. Wronging another even without intent is wrong and sinning against God without intent is still sin. God, I'm sorry for being the worm that I am.! Other people, forgive me when I'm a worm.

I only wish that I could go back and make everything okay gain, but I can't. I wish the tongue had a stronger words to express than "I'm sorry."

No comments:

Post a Comment