Thursday, August 21, 2014

Soberly Singing My Praises

Oh, as I wake my heart must sing
at messages which the angels bring!
It sings of joy and hope abundant
in harmony with the resounding trumpet.

Some lack the joy I have found
because to evil they're still bound!
Being not sober around they mope
preferring drugs to eternal hope.

Salvation is my calming soma,
taking from life all the drama.
I wonder not what life is about,
and to the heavens I shall shout!

Glory to God for his grace,
dying for me in my place!
Salvation was by his blood
as Noah was saved from the flood.

Why live life in a dream?
not living life fully it does seem.
Reality will soon step in
when each of us join all men.

We'll all face God to explain
why we deserve no more pain.
That in heaven we deserve.
How dare us have the nerve!

Yes, judged shall be us all.
But if in sin we have the gall...
to say we deserve eternal life
while sin in us was always rife.

Praise God he has the grace
to meet me face to face!
"Well done!" he shall say...
on that last judgment day.

Believing made all the difference.
I held Jesus in holy reverence!
One decision saved my soul.
Eternal life was my final goal!

Thank you for knocking at my door.
No need to knock there any more.
I submit to you and accept your grace...
when you take me from this place!

In heaven a room is prepared.
No other mansion can be compared!
In view of my room is the Tree of Life
and finally for me... no more strife!


No comments:

Post a Comment