Acts 8:30 "And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest? 31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me?"The eunuch was sitting there in his chariot reading about Isaiah the Prophet. The Holy Spirit directed Philip to speak to this government employee. He had great authority under Candace Queen of the Ethiopians. Philip wasn't very "political correct". He cared little that he was encroaching on a government employee to tell him more about Jesus! He cared little that this man was from a country with a pagan religion. Although some would have Christians keep Christ secret in fear of offending those of another religion or without faith, Philip stepped forward and broke all protocol which is forced upon us today!
With that said, let's do a little name substitution in the conversation between Moses and Pharaoh after the eighth plague. (Remembering that Moses was asking Pharaoh to let his people worship God.):
Exodus 10:7 " And the President's opposition said unto him, How long shall this man be a snare unto us? let the men go, that they may serve the Lord their God: knowest thou not yet that America is destroyed?"There had been eight plagues. The plague of locusts was the worst yet. What was left after the destruction was finished by the locusts. However, Pharaoh's heart was hardened. He was reprobate and nothing which could be said would change his mind (so far). This is the same situation that we're in today. Whether you like it or not, God still is active in the world! He works miracles and he still punishes. America is turning her back on God and we're suffering for it. Under this administration stubbornness and evil is accelerated and the President, unlike the Pharaoh, has never showed remorse for bad decisions! Here's what Pharaoh did at times and he was even a pagan man:
Exodus 10:16 "Then the President called for Reverends Billy Graham and Rick Warren in haste; and he said, I have sinned against the Lord your God, and against you. (Said this President NEVER!)Obama will never say this! He has a proud heart and his God lies elsewhere. His religion is not the same as ours because he doesn't call on God to guide and direct him. As a matter of fact, he reaches toward paganism for the answer. Obama is much like Pharaoh and the nation is being punished. Oh, he's not the first nor will he be the last. Pharaohs have always existed:
Ecclesiastes 1:9 "The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun."No, there truly is nothing new under the sun! The Hebrew people had a series of Kings; some righteous, but most unrighteous, and the nation was destroyed along with the temple of worship. They thought it would never happen, but disobedience must be punished because God is a just God. Jeremiah warned the Hebrews of utter destruction and Judah was destroyed. The Hebrews were scattered throughout the world. What Moses challenged Pharaoh for, King Ahab undid. Moses made a nation. Ahab destroyed it!
George Washington made a nation. We've had bad presidents and righteous presidents. At times the nation was obedient and prosperous. At other times it suffered. No, it's not quick as it was under Pharaoh. It's done in God's own time. He has given this nation every chance. Sometimes his punishment has manifested itself under later administrations and sometimes it's immediate. Under this administration turmoil is accelerated, but it's been there for quite some time. We had evil presidents under Johnson, Nixon and Clinton, just to name some recent ones; and we're suffering!
There were ten plagues which God used to persuade Pharaoh all the time knowing that like King Festus was with Paul: He wasn't persuaded. Although Pharaoh listened and learned, he quickly forgot after the plague was over. This president has yet to listen to the plagues. What are they?
- Change water into blood: (Oil Leak in the Caribbean Sea). This plague was horrendous. It destroyed much and could have done even more. From aerial photography the oil appeared red and was blood in the sea!
- Frogs come up from the river: (Corruption of the Church). Frogs represent "unclean spirits" from Revelation 16:13. These "frogs" came out of the mouth of the unholy trinity; the dragon, the beast and the false prophet. Today God has allowed the modern church to incorporate false doctrines and many have allowed sin even into the leadership of the church. The modern churches are NOT Christ's ordained churches, but dens of iniquity. These churches have rotted the spiritual lives of all who come into contact with them.
- Lice from dust: (AIDS) Lice represents disease and dust the origins of man. Adam was created from the dust. Hence, lice represents original sin. That's the sin we're born with thanks to Adam. I don't agree with others, but they claim homosexuals are born that way. Therefore, if it was true, homosexuality is the most prominent original sin! However, we're not born that way, but choose sin because that's man's nature. It seems unfair, but AIDS is primarily due to homosexualal, coupled with drug abuse, behavior. AIDS is a modern and recent plague and is one of the worst!
- Swarms of flies: ( The 9/11 Attack) "Flies" represent Satan who has has one of his names "Beelzebub" which means "Lord of the Flies". Airplanes, symbolic of flies, attacked the nation directly and still have a profound effect on our lives and how we live. It was a turning point in our own security. The swarm of flies haven't abated yet. The flies are merely in hibernation awaiting a time to plague us again!
- Diseased livestock: (Economic Depression) Deuteronomy 14:23 uses livestock in speaking of prosperity: "And thou shalt eat before the Lord thy God, in the place which he shall choose to place his name there, the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstlings of thy herds and of thy flocks; that thou mayest learn to fear the Lord thy God always." The Hebrews tithed of their gain. With prosperity the tithes were greater. With us it's the same way. When times are good the tax base is better and the nation is more prosperous. Part of the Abrahamic Covenant was that the Hebrews be obedient, and if they are, they will prosper. When they forget God, they face destruction. Diseased livestock is an economic plague. It was the money of the time. Our plague is economic depression. We can never be as prosperous as we once were because we have left God. What a plague!
- Boils from ashes: (DDD - Drugs, Divorce and Destruction of the family) Boils from ashes represents uncleanliness. Leviticus 13:22 "And if it spread much abroad in the skin, then the priest shall pronounce him unclean; it is a plague." Divorce is closely allied with pleasure. Although divorce is just a part o f the plague. Our boils are caused by a Hedonistic lifestyles; people living for pleasure. Since 1964 when prayer was removed from public life America has been plagued by irresponsible behavior. Drugs and infidelity are two of the top reasons why we're plagued by the loss of the family unit!
- Grievous hail: (Nation Destroyed) Given too much rebellion God turns his back on nations which turn their backs on him by disobedience. "Grievous hail" represents the judgment of God: Revelation 8:7 "The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up." Unless we turn back to God we will be judged! This plague hasn't fully ripened yet, but it will. We see some of it with mass killings, hateful groups, earthquakes, hurricanes and drought. It will get worse. Perhaps if "global warming" is true, this is the culmination of the plague.
- Locusts from the coast: (Wars) Locusts represent torment. Revelation 9:3 "And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power." and "7 And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle..." If one is watching world events it's obvious that wars are unprecedented of this magnitude and nature. There may be as many as 200 wars going on at one time and the threat of Islam is the war to be which may end all wars. It would appear that Islam and its Caliphate are the answer to a Global religion and Government as prophesied in Revelation. The emir of Islam may be the anti-Christ and death of the Christians will be by beheading.
- Three days darkness: (Rejection of Christ) While Jesus was in the tomb inside were three days of darkness. While Jesus was entombed all hope was gone because God died that day. That was a period when the Church was in doubt and the promise of eternal life was gone. Therefore, Jesus has been rejected by not only our government; but by education, science, philosophy, entertainment and even the church. We are in the three days of darkness right now and it will get worse. There is a beam of light which shines still, but Obama and the Progressives are doing all they can too snuff that remaining light!
- Death of firstborn: (Abortion) This represents the death of Jesus as foreshadowed with those Egyptians and lost Hebrews who were not "under the blood". The shadow of death killed off the firstborn of all, not protected by saving blood. Most abortions are the "death of the firstborn", or at least those who would be born. Abortion is the God of Licentiousness and is a plague allowed by God for sexual promiscuity. More children have died of abortion than any of the plagues mentioned in the story of Moses. As long as we kill our own offspring, we can never be blessed as a nation and the "death of our firstborn" is a violation of the Abraham Covenant. As long as we disobey God, we won't prosper. Those who call "killing the firstborn" as a social issue, they're fooling themselves. It's tied directly to prosperity and the economy plague!
The implication is: that as was Pharaoh, our President is a "type of Satan". Even our nation as others see us represents sin because we have entire cities which are as Sodom and Gomorrah. As a parallel to Egypt, we face the same punishment (plagues) from God. When did Pharaoh learn? He didn't. The Egyptians were drowned in a sea of death! When will Obama learn? After we drown! We're drowning now and we have no one to part the sea. Maybe God will be merciful. Maybe he will be just!