During the Third Reich Christians stayed, for the most part, out of politics, likely not because they were unprincipled, but out of fear. No one was courageous as was their forebear, Martin Luther, in standing up for righteousness. As a result of Christian fear and apathy, millions were killed and everybody's freedom was stolen! Not only that, but 93% of the German people voted for Hitler in the last election. It's clear that Christians voted for "hope" and "change". For awhile Hitler's promise of prosperity was true, but eventually the economy was utterly destroyed! Christians voted for a party which damned them. Why do Christians still vote for evil? They have little faith in the promises of the Lord:
Jeremiah 29:11 (ESV) "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope."Indeed, rather than relying on the government to supply our needs, it's God who provides. Whereas, government offers false hope, God is who "gives you a future and a hope"! However, God does use government for his plan. It's not a government that denies him, but a government which depends on him:
Deuteronomy 4:6 "Keep therefore and do them; for this is your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the nations, which shall hear all these statutes, and say, Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people. 7 For what nation is there so great, who hath God so nigh unto them, as the Lord our God is in all things that we call upon him for? 8 And what nation is there so great, that hath statutes and judgments so righteous as all this law, which I set before you this day?"Not only are Christians to bring religion into politics, but governments are great whose statutes and laws are based on The Law of God. Christians are called to profoundly understand that "God is in all things that we call upon him for." God is involved in politics! Of course he's not a Democrat nor a Republican because he's perfect, but there are many politicians who accurately desire to DO his will. I presented, a few days ago, a dissertation on the party platforms in Politics and Religion: Disturbing Trend for Christians to Straddle in this blog. It's clear that Republicans have Godly principles in their party platform and Democrats do not! Why then do Christians vote for a party at odds with their own beliefs? Perhaps lack of discernment and maybe some rebellion in their hearts?
Christians have fallen for the lie about "separation of church and state", but one cannot be righteous in one aspect and evil in another. A man who votes his Christian conscience votes righteously, albeit imperfectly! That's because we can't come close to doing what God's will, but must endeavor to do so anyway!
Christians: this is for you to consider when you vote. Does God want more of these policies? Are they Godly? Or are they desires of the world?
Hope and Change:
- Race baiting which incites hatred.
- Creating a "war on women" inciting mistrust between the sexes.
- Advocating abortion which is murder whether you face that fact or not!
- Advocating same-sex marriage which is an affront to God's plan for man and woman.
- Income redistribution. Stealing from the industrious to support those without initiative.
- Support entitlement programs which use money intended for the truly poor, for those abusing the system.
- Vote buying by give-away initiatives.
- Encouraging immigration for those who will vote Democrat.
- Ignoring the Constitution which was founded upon God's Natural Law (re-read Deuteronomy above)
- Creating a wall between government and the people.
- Abridging religious freedom and the freedom to speak that belief in public.
- Careless use of the nation's income. Poor stewardship of what God provides.
- A constant barrage of lies and spin to deceive the people!
Is this what you voted for? Christians, if you voted for this type of government you deserve what you get! If you have now reflected on your error and wish to make restitution to God, pray for forgiveness. You believed a lie! Now you are without excuse! Are you going to vote for evil again?
Reminder from Deuteronomy "the Lord our God is in all things that we call upon him for?" Call on him before you vote... then, and only then, vote your conscience! If you just hate the word "Republican" because you've been deceived by your antecedents, then vote by NOT voting for Democrats. It's only one letter shy of the truth of what their leaders are: DemoN-rats