Newspeak: a controlled language created by totalitarian states.
Doublethink: ordinary people having opposing thoughts on social issues.
Doublespeak: Intentionally disguising or distorting the true meaning of words.
Quotes from 1984:
“Big Brother is Watching You.”
“It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
“War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.”
“We do not merely destroy our enemies; we change them.”
“Doublethink means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them.”
“Now I will tell you the answer to my question. It is this. The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power, pure power."
“Power is in tearing human minds to pieces and putting them together again in new shapes of your own choosing.”
"Ignorance is strength!"
“You are a slow learner, Winston (Your name here).""How can I help it? How can I help but see what is in front of my eyes? Two and two are four." "Sometimes, Winston. Sometimes they are five. Sometimes they are three. Sometimes they are all of them at once. You must try harder. It is not easy to become sane.”_________________________________________________________________________________
Does Orwell's world appear to be the world to we're approaching with Mach speed? We are nearly there if not already at our destination! These "thoughts" of the socialist George Orwell have been adapted to the Democrat Party and are bleeding over into all society as "truths"! Politicians of every stripe fall for these logica. Sometimes the doublethink and doublespeak of liberal Newspeak tears my mind apart! How can the sane accept insanity as the norm? I don't know how, but they do!
Words mean things! Using the excuse "It depends on what the definition of 'IS" is..." is an example of word confusion and fits right into Orwellian socialism. It all makes me wonder, "How Come"?
- feminists are the least feminine?
- Democrats are far from democratic?
- "The Affordable Care Act" is far from affordable?
- that "political correctness" is correct gone bad?
- the "war on women" is waged by women?
- that "income equality" means taking from people unequally?
- that "social justice" are those having good intentions creating injustice?
- people like compromise although it's two groups agreeing to be wrong?
- bipartisanship means doing it the way of the majority?
- those who call them "the party of hate" are the most hateful?
- that "inclusive" means those who liberals selectively choose?
- that homosexuals are not called homophobiaphobics?
- that people are "spiritual" without any religion?
- that "wall separation of church and state" means putting a wall around religion?
- that a "right to choose" eliminates the baby and father's choices?
- that "fetal tissue" has a beating heart?
- capitalism is evil, but socialism needs it to even exist?
- "income redistribution" means giving to those without an income?
- drugs are illegal, but the government gives users needles to ingest them?
- society hates cigarette smoke, but embraces marijuana smoke?
- people despise guns which can kill, but glorify alcohol, the weapon used by many who die in car wrecks?
- Nixon was forced out for power-grabbing, but Obama is an idol for doing the same?
- politicians who claim to "serve the people" are each foremost among the people they serve?
- government can't seem to govern and stumble around instead?
- why do we need a president "in charge of vice"? Bill Clinton gave us reason I guess!
- the man from Hope, Arkansas stole our hope?
- as claimed by Hillary Clinton, she was named after Sir Edmund Hillary, but she was born before Sir Edmund became famous?
- Any more "how comes"? Add them under comments.