Sunday, January 4, 2015

Hurting Inside

We all feel pain at times. I'm not speaking of physical pain, but that deep hurt inside which can lead to bad health. It's as if we have no place to turn. Usually it's a reaction to spoiled ideas. I like to use the term "when worlds collide".  Usually this feeling is accompanied by that burning acid in the depths of one's soul and manifested the same way in the pit's of our stomachs.

Negative thinking is often the catalyst for these feelings of despair. Irrational thinking irrigates the mind of hope and poisons the meadow of the spirit. Even rational negative thoughts fertilize the crab grass growing within. While people agonize over their own weedy crop, less fortunate people would feel blessed to be so fertile in fortune!

Like everyone else I too at times despair. It's a choice that we all make either sub-consciously or sublimely. In order to rise up and rewind we must make a decision. Is life worth the living feeling this bad, or is there a promise of better things to come? When I'm down and out today I have hope that tomorrow will be better, and if I hold onto optimism, negativity creeps into the dark shadows of shame.
Matthew 6:33 "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."
"All these things" are the things of the world: eat, drink and clothing are mentioned; but all our "things" will be met! That's a promise of God if we seek him. He will make things right!

At one time my world ended for me emotionally. I failed to care because the stock market became a cruel master who stole what little I had. Rather than gain for ten years, I had actually lost all, and what I had remaining is only what I had added to the account. When I first looked at the statement of loss, I felt severe pain, but nothing as painful as losing the one you love, whether by death or decree! As long as I had my life intact, God promised me that he would help me endure this temporary pain!

I never "loved" money, so it wasn't important really. However, love and life is important. My son had posted on his wall "A Family Is Forever"! I sat there reading that thought at the very time my daughter-in-law had chosen to divorce my son. I felt despair for him because he was in despair! He had lost the one he loved and "A Family Is Not Necessarily Forever", but it can be!

Whatever, was in her mind that led to poor choices could be overcome!  The attraction of "things out there" and the lurk of "things at home" lead people to do things that's not in their best interest. It may alleviate pain for awhile, but stress is a worthy opponent. Stress is caused by an attack on hope and joy. It takes special weapons and reliable shields to win that "hopeless war". However, it can be won!

First off, before the battle begins, one must recognize who the enemy is! Who's will is it that people think negative thoughts and feel the stress until poor decisions are made. It's the person whose weapon of mass destruction is DECEIT and who uses the chemical weapon of HATE to win small battles to defeat. Those of us who dwell in painful thoughts are pawns. Satan puts us on the front line so that we will be destroyed, and we don't even put up a fight. Just as the Jews went passively to the gas chambers, negative thinkers carry their own asphyxiant. We kill ourselves because of subliminal suggestions of the deceitful one. God doesn't want you destroyed, so why not turn to God?

As with Job, if I lose my home, my possessions, my wealth, my spouse, my children and my health; I've still got Jesus! Why?  Because where I say "my" it's really "God's"! God wants HIS things to remain in my life and they will IF I turn to him!
Philippians 4:6 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Anxiety is the malady which troubles our souls. Rather than giving in, we're to turn to God. We are to turn to him with a grateful heart, knowing that, if we're sincere, he will give us "peace"! The weapon, as you see, isn't what we have, but it's the peace provided by God. We replace irrational ideas with what's rational and negativity with hope! When we turn to Jesus with all our troubles, peace snuffs out the turmoil and chaos orchestrated by evil forces and provides healing tonic to the heart!

Negative things are not God's will, but may be used for his purpose. Just as Job was tested, so are we. Job came out stronger because he trusted the Lord and nearly all those things lost were returned to him. His broken heart was healed because he remained true! God gave him peace again.

Dwelling in the self is the worship of Self and negative thoughts are in effect saying prayers to the false God... "The Self". It's only when we look beyond our thin layer of epidermis that we find solace in the meat God has given us. It's the meat without flesh, because this flesh is of the world. The meat below is the sustenance served to us by the Lord's own sacrifice of himself for us!

Why dwell in what we don't have when we have so much? Within each of us lies the answer. We know, but do we do?

No comments:

Post a Comment