Thursday, January 22, 2015

Reflections

As I look into a mirror my image looks back. He's not me, but the opposite image. For one thing he's left handed and I'm right, but my reflection is much more than meets the eye! One of us is real and the other an image, looking so real, but hard as glass. Sometimes I hurt inside and sometimes laugh. My reflection can only smile and hurt in response to me. My tears are wet, his are a simulation. My reflection at times is truly hard and distorted. My reflection is different than what I wish to be!

When I look at me, my reflection tells me that "I am" because the glass manifests myself to me. It seems to agree somewhat with what I can see directly, so I accept my reflection as a valid representation of what I am! Perhaps the image thinks that I am a  more perfect reflection of  him. He glares at me from behind that glassy facade'. He reflects; I absorb. I beam, but he can never capture that!

I am the sun. He is the moon. As such I am light and he is only reflecting. My dark side is illuminated. His is hidden. As I turn around I can see the backside of my image. It's not flattering. From our viewpoint man can never see the backside of the moon. It's in darkness, fearing that if he exposes himself, the darkness and roughness thereon will be revealed.

I was born in darkness. I was born a "moon", but reborn a "sun". The light makes the difference. Light enlightens.
Genesis 1:3 "And God said, Let there be light: and there was light."
We think of the cosmic light when God let it be. It's more than that! God's light emanates forth throughout existence, and as moons we can only reflect that light. There is still hidden darkness in us all, and although our backsides are hidden from view, God sees it from behind. Our reflection looks good when it's seen, but the reflection, being brighter than darkness, conceals the evil within us all. When God said "let there be light" he was enlightening the world. Darkness is evil and light is God. He wanted his moons to share his illumination.

With the light of God mankind changed:
 Genesis 1:5 "And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night."
Before I was "Night" and now I am "Day". What made the difference in what the eye can see and that is God exposed me to himself. I was in the darkroom, awaiting a likeness, and God took me and made me into his image. In darkness I was exposed to God's light and I became real. The reflection of God's light took that dark image of me, reflected on a plate and created me in his own image. Divine photography created me. Since God's light exposed the darkness in me and created an enlightened person, a little part of God resides on me.

God's grace rested on my surface. A little of his light revealed me such that his realm is ready to gleam. That surface light is what keeps the all from total destruction. The darkness inside is depraved, but grace is what shines on my surface. Grace is there awaiting development. Grace is what's seen as the darkroom door is suddenly thrown open. God shines through the door and a dull image of what I can be lies there awaiting. God knocks at the door. No one answers, but grace is the light which infiltrates through the slightest crack revealing me inside the darkness ready to be developed. If only I open the door so that His Light can shine fully upon me and expose me for what I am; helpless to enlighten myself!

As God knocked, the door opened just a crack. Light from somewhere revealed me in my darkness. From where did light come?
Psalm 118:27 "God is the Lord, which hath shewed us light..."
I saw the light emanating from without. It was absorbed by my flesh and a dim light was reflected. I am because I AM revealed me. I am ready for the Light who entered. The Light revealed Truth and my flesh absorbed it some. Shall I be satisfied with the dimness that I am, or desire full illumination? We all must decide, but wise men, inspired by the dim essence, seek to get the way of Truth. His light beacons. Shall we allow Light to enter or snuff out the source and return to darkness. Chances are few although Light is ever burning. Light must be absorbed or else it turns it's rays elsewhere.
Isaiah 60:19b "...the Lord shall be unto thee an everlasting light, and thy God thy glory."
The Light of the Lord burns forever. The sun shall be extinguished and the moon not there to reflect, but God's Light will forever burn. That Light is for me. The moon is buried in a sea of water and a sun arises from the wet grave. It's not the sun we see that burns anew, but the Son who belongs to the Light. The new Light within me now burns bright. I belong to the Son and glory shines forth. I'm glorified because eternal Light is now within me and the pale absorption is concealed by the high luminosity of Shekinah Light.
Ephesians 1:18a "The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling...."
Glory shining forth from me, reflecting the Light of God, shines forth from my soul. With understanding the darkness within is quenched by God's brilliance and I am enlightened. The bulb shines! I understand! The Light filling me shines forth in hope. Oh, what joy it is when darkness and despair are obliterated by Light and hope. Hope shined forth on the earth two-thousand years ago and yet remains. Hope fills the vacancy within my cup which was before only filled with darkness. It shines forth so that the world can see my glory.

Darkness offers resistance. It loves to show itself, but it's hardly seen when the Light burns within. Sometimes darkness, like the moon, is hidden from full view, out shined by the Son, until this evil world blacks out some of the light and the darkness of our moon can be seen. Unlike the moon we can return to darkness if we hide behind the world. The sun doesn't force the moon to reflect light, but the world either eclipses Light or allows Light to fully shine! God administers the orbits and rotations. He allows Satan to un-shine in darkness so that we can show our love by rejecting the eclipses. Reprobate is when the moon is in total eclipse with no hope of shining again. Grace is knowing that although the moon is in darkness for a spell, without a doubt, the Son still shines on us forever!

God looks at us, but he looks also at our reflection. We are to reflect ourselves to others, but part of the reflection is the Light which shines from us. We are to mimic Light. We are to let Light shine forth in us.
Ephesians 5:1  (ESV) "Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children. 2 And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God."
Our reflection is when we "be imitators of God"! With the same Light as God, we should be a true reflection of God. Love should be reflected back at God and onto others! That''s our sacrifice. We are to reflect the image of God. We obey his commandments so that our reflection is pure, without distortion and as real as the original within the confines of the impurities already within the glass of life.

Reflect on that! Are we a reflection of God? We are to be. When God said "let there be light" it was more than what the eye can see, but what The Light revealed to mankind! Have you ever reflected on what light it was of which God was speaking? He cared little about whether man was blind in a dark world, but that we could see Truth. The light he "let" was himself; so much more than the sun which warms and brightens the day. It's the Light of the Son who was the object of "let there be light", and since that time mankind has been a poor reflection, but God is merciful. His Light yet shines!



No comments:

Post a Comment