Sunday, June 21, 2015

Father's Day 2015

I think of my own father this weekend and how great he was. His shoes will never fit me. However, I think selfishly of what I want for “Father's Day 2015”:

I want my own to love me as I did mine.
Because I loved my own just fine!
That's the love I want from my three.
I want their love to ever be!

I want that they should not wait,
until my soul enters Heaven's Gate.
I want that now should be the time,
that ring they will my own door chime.

I want that they should visit now.
rather than wait 'til time most foul!
I want that they should hug me tight,
to hug me with all their loving might!

I want that when they think of Dad,
that they want to see me really bad!
I desire that they be, not as I have been,
and never to write with poison pen.

I want them to be pure of heart.
My desire is that they be really smart.
Never to repeat the mistakes I've made,
but do the deeds which angels bade.

My dream is now almost over.
I dreamed of streams and fields of clover.
I floated down rivers of peace,
thinking things to really please.

My journey now is near complete.
With other father's I don't compete.
But of my children I often think,
although not here, there is a link.

All together we will always be.
They with each other and they with me!
The common blood in all our veins,
flows that love which never wanes!

On Father's Day I've got my gift.
Children I fathered without a shrift.
I got my gift when they were born!

Roses of life each without a thorn!

No comments:

Post a Comment