Friday, September 18, 2015

Effort is Honored

I never had a mullet.
Never had long hair.
No beard covering my gullet.
No hickies under there!

I never smoked dope.
Never cracked cocaine.
Not ever at the end of my rope,
to do those things insane!

I never wore my pants down.
Never had my collar up.
Never dressed to make them frown.
Never liked  my dander up!

I never tattooed my body.
Never pierced a hole in my ear.
Never dressed in clothes gaudy,
Not even got drunk on beer!

I never cussed at the law.
Never appeared in court.
I always had a ball,
playing army in my fort!

I never was androgenous.
Never dressed a fool.
My love was never homogenous,
that's really not so cool!

Why was it I did things never?
Never did I want to displease.
It was to please my Savior!
That I fought the sin disease!

We fight, yet still we lose.
It's the effort which counts.
Sobriety for me, not the booze.
Drinking water from Christ's fount!







No comments:

Post a Comment