Friday, October 23, 2015

Three Types of Death: Two Types of Zombies

There are three types of the "dead": 1) physical death, 2) spiritual death and 3) spiritually dead. The first is at the time we physically die. It's when our heart stops and the brain follows suit (or vice versa). The second "death" is called just that! It is THE "second death" and it's when the spirit of man is condemned. It has rotted, and needs to die, but it's kept alive to suffer in payment for rejecting Jesus. No words can adequately describe "the second death", but here is what it is:
Revelation 20:14 "And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death."
Residing in a "lake of fire" is death, but the soul lives on, even contained within non-destructible, but real bodies. Spiritual death, unlike mortality, is an eternal process. One begins the dying process, but full death never comes! It truly is the walking, speaking, thinking dead. For all practical purposes those who have died a spiritual death are type-2 zombies! "What are type-1 zombies?" You ask.

It is the third type of death. Those whose body still lives, but they are "spiritually dead". Most people are already dead. They are those whose only hope lies in the pleasures of life.  As a Christian, you are not in necropolis with them. Your city is in the kingdom of God! Just as Jesus can't be found among the dead, the Christian cannot be found among those who are spiritually dead!
Luke 24:4 "And it came to pass, as they were much perplexed thereabout, behold, two men stood by them in shining garments: 5 And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead? 6 He is not here, but is risen..."
When the reaper comes looking for me to take me to my eternal home, he wastes his time looking among the dead! I'm not with them!  My dust will be buried among those who have died (first death), but my soul will be alive! My body will be there for awhile, but my soul shall be gone!

Here it is! Here it is!
1 John 3:14 "We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death."
I'm alive because I don't hate. Zombies aren't a threat to me any longer because I gave up "my flesh" so to speak. It can't be killed by them because it's protected by God! Anybody who harbors hate within his heart is dead. By "abiding" he still lives, but his soul is dead. You won't find me among those dead! I may disagree with them or be appalled at their behaviors, but just like Jesus, I don't want anyone to die (neither mortal nor spiritual death). I don't even want them to be spiritually dead because I want them to love others! And me included.

The spiritually dead, those without love, are the living dead. In effect they are spiritual zombies! These are type-1 zombies. They are friends, family and even husbands and wives. They are those who haven't cast off the old creation (type-1 zombism) and replace it with a new creature! You won't find me among them! I "hate" hate. God "hates" hate! Hate can never be in the presence of God, except I suppose for judgement.
Habakkuk 1:13 "Thou art of purer eyes than to behold evil, and canst not look on iniquity: wherefore lookest thou upon them that deal treacherously, and holdest thy tongue when the wicked devoureth the man that is more righteous than he?"
Satan has been in God's presence. God has seen evil beings. In fact he made us who turned evil. However, he turns his divine eyes from sin. He knows the details, but since he is pure, he doesn't look upon it. He can do that. He's God! We can't! Why? We're not God!

But like God we're to hate evil. As such we are to stay away from it! Sure we love even our enemies, but we turn away from their sin! We should not be found among those who live a life of evil. Why look for the living among the dead? We are not there!

Moral of the commentary: Stay away from type-1 zombies so that you won't get their virus and be among the type-2 zombies. Type-1 pleasures themselves in the flesh. Type-2 suffers in the spirit. Better that the flesh die than the spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment