Thursday, March 24, 2016

Freedom To What?

As I awake each morning I'm a man so free;
there's a large list of things I'm expected to be.
As I get in my car and the seat belt fastens...
and think of all the cars that I'd soon be a passin'.
What if I decide not to wear my car's restraint?
I figure a free man should be free of this constraint.
But think again how free I truly am;
caught without that belt, I'm surely in a jam!

Continuing on my drive, I pass a cross of wood.
It's there in memory where grieving parents stood.
If it was a star or crescent it would surely be accepted,
but since it's a cross, it's a symbol so detested!
A free man thinking he was free put it there to see,
but one atheist is enough to remove this Holy Tree!
Being worse than that is praying in a crowd;
atheists can't stand it when God is praised aloud!

Because hateful people insist that others be tolerant;
they intimidate the others with their silly silly rant.
Pull down that stone where wise words are written!
It's those who rebel the serpent has so subtly bitten!
Ten Commandments are too many for those so evil.
Atheists subject the rest of us to such awful upheaval!
You see freedom is just a word for those who object.
It's their demand that it's God who we are to reject.

It's not enough that they can speak so free.
My own liberty to speak is what they take from me!
Never are we to pray that others may hear...
those who hate us speak loudly without a bit of fear.
The courts are cheerleaders because evil is their idol.
It's free people the courts desire their speech to bridle!
So we're free as long as we do all that they heed,
but if we demur... the haters do us impede!

For those who love their neighbor instead them do hate,
liberals throw out accusations for them to take the bait.
If people disagree with unruly riots and mobs;
it's us who are haters the crowd to the cameras sob!
Yes, we are free if it's bondage that we desire,
but some hate the sucking sound of all this liberal mire!
Freedom is for all us...  and not just a few;
but liberty for all is what Americans are really due!





No comments:

Post a Comment