Monday, April 4, 2016

Principle

"Principle" is "a moral rule or belief that helps you know what is right and wrong and that influences your actions" (Merriam-Webster Dictionary). Better yet "standing by your the moral code" (Herrin Unpublished Lexicon).

As an example: I wasn't a big fan of George H.W. Bush until Barbara Walters interviewed him. She asked him why since most Americans are "pro-choice" that he is "pro-life"? His response was that if 96% of Americans favored abortion he would still be pro-life. That, my friends is "PRINCIPLE"! That is a statesman in contrast to a politician!

A "pro-choice moderate Republican", according to her, just asked Ted Cruz about his position on life. Rather than telling her what she wanted to hear or gloss over their differences in opinion, he came out strongly to her as in favor of life! That, my friends, is a man of principle and a statesmen!

People nowadays follow the crowd. They cannot stand ostracization from their peers and just follow the lead of the crowd. This is "herd mentality" and a bid for acceptance. Those people are weak and unprincipled. They are mere bovines chewing the green grass of harmony, even though the grass is sprayed with evil and falsehoods! The best example of this is in vogue right now. It's "political correctness".  That's basically denying reality to avoid feelings to be hurt.

I believe that short of bullying, "hurt feelings" can be character builders. Because I was perceived as a poor dumb Kentuckian, and some kidded me with that, I had an "I'll show them attitude!" Part of my moderate success in life is due to "hurt feelings".

One day as I was getting off the school bus when I was in junior high school someone said "look at all the trash in their yard"! That was a statement of truth. I looked around and with seven children, our yard was in fact "messy". My feelings were hurt. What was said, if about a minority group, would have been "politically incorrect". For me it was a motivator! I assigned myself "the keeper of the yard". No more was there ever any trash in our yard because I kept it clean. To this day I'm a clean freak because someone had the audacity to say something truthful!

Those who follow the herd and do things for the acceptance of others live in a yellow submarine. They may as well be high on dope as living a fiction so that others will "feel good" about being so patronizing! What's wrong with the war between the races? People are patronized! What is wrong with the war between the sexes? People are patronized!

The truth is that "there are differences between the sexes, races, nationalities and every other division". There are superior people and others are less so. However, the differences between people must never be used as a weapon to cause pain to another person! "The Golden Rule" is to treat others as you want to be treated! I'm not the smartest person around, but the intelligence of someone superior to me in IQ is not an issue. I don't even want to be the smartest person around!

A man (or woman) who is principled stands tall! Society denigrates them, but persecution of those who bear truth makes truth desirable. Persecution of the innocent always draws others to the positions of truth.

Stand tall in principle. Christians are ridiculed right now as they have been since Jews laughed at "The King of the Jews" sign atop the Holy Cross. Jesus stood tall! He withstood herd mentality and Jewish Correctness and died out of principle! And we are so weak as Christians that some cower when ridiculed! Stand tall for Christ! Show some Christian principle!
Matthew 27:37 "And (the people) set up over his head his accusation written, This Is Jesus The King Of The Jews."
This was done to poke fun at Jesus who was merely endeavoring to save mankind! In spite of this pressure, Jesus stood firm to his purpose. He died for us all! Thank you Jesus for being a man of principle!

No comments:

Post a Comment