Saturday, April 23, 2016

The Ant That Was

There was an ant that was. There was an ant which does.
The ant was running forth. Running south then going north.
The ant was surely real. It is sugar she tried to steal.
This ant was born to defy. But soon it was bound to die.
I raised my hand up high. I shouted at the ant "good-bye!"
I slapped my hand down hard. This ant was surely on guard.
As my hand came down fast. This ant my hand ran past.
She hid inside the crack, where the stove and counter back.
This ant I've seen before. She comes from under the floor.
I would bet you paper money, that she's eating the honey.
She's singing the ant's song, as she sticks at me her tongue.
She puffs up her chest, as of to give me test -
to see of what I'm made, quickly she again my hand evades,
as I smack down the swatter, this time I think "I got her"!
There was an ant that was, Now she's merely a muss!



No comments:

Post a Comment