Sunday, May 29, 2016

Not Inspired But Motivated

Usually I sit down to my keyboard with scripture on my mind. I didn't put it there, but since it's holy scripture of which I'm thinking, I credit God for inspiring me!

Inspiration is when things come to mind. It can be people, places, ideas or things. In my case biblical inspiration is when a "person" (God) transmits an idea. My first divine inspiration had a negative connotation: "Because you do wrong you're going to hell," but because God is gracious he added "But there is a way to avoid that!"

I got my concept of hell and salvation from scripture. At that young age Dad read the Bible each evening and credited God for everything.

Those who wrote Holy Scripture did so because they were inspired to write. God planted truth in their minds and they wrote God's truths. They are not the ideas of men, but are the very words of God.
2 Timothy 3:16 "All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,"
God breathed a spiritual breath and those who wrote transferred God-breathed words to papyrus.  The "ideas" which he transmitted were good for teaching, reproof, correction and training in things he desired for us to do.

If you believe that Holy Scripture is the literal ideas from God for directions to his creation, then you are a fundamentalist. If you don't believe scripture are ideas from God, you have no hope for eternal life for you have created in your mind "a liar god"!

This morning it wasn't apparent that I was inspired to write, but I was motivated to learn from his word. With that motivation my thought was that I would present God's ideas in a truthful manner. Then I sat down at the keyboard and allowed God to breath on me. Because I was motivated I became inspired! With that motivation, my inspiration was to comment on "inspiration".  You see we can be inspired by merely being still!
Psalm 37:7 "Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him;"
This morning I was motivated. I had nothing to say about anything. Then as I sat here, I was motivated. My motivation was to "Be still before the Lord'" and with that done, he rewarded my patience. I was inspired and you can be as well if you "be still" and wait for him to breath on you. He will, you know?

I don't like to say "God spoke to me," because he doesn't audibly do so. He did in times past; Jesus was the Voice all along who spoke audibly the Word which became scripture. Now if we are a Christian, it is "the ghost of Jesus" who silently speaks to us. (See the link:  Afraid of Ghosts to learn about the silent presence of Jesus).

The Word still speaks to Christians! He puts notions in our heads. Those ideas are divine inspiration! When I sit be still before the Lord, it's Jesus, the Word, whose Voice my mind "hears".

We can't be apathetic Christians. We must motivate ourselves to "hear" the Voice of Jesus. He may not come to the person who cares less, but is always there for the person who cares most!

No comments:

Post a Comment