Here we have a wicked man who was king. This "crooked stick" made the best king ever. Why? Because in spite of his flaws, he obeyed the will of God!
I have flaws much like David's. I have murdered people in my heart because scripture says simply "hate equals murder" (1 John 3:15). Also, just like David I have lusted, coveted and fornicated. Because I was guilty, I became sorrowful and repented. By grace David was saved and by grace I am saved!
Guess what? You are no different! By holding a lofty standard for me, you are establishing a different standard than for your own. That's scriptural too (Matthew 7:1-3)! Furthermore each of you have given Donald Trump s tougher standard than your own! He did some of the same things David did and some of the same things which you and I have done! James Dobson has said that Donald Trump is born-again. Does that mean that he currently walks a perfect man? Not any more than David did nor you and I do!
A Christian merely has to look at past performance and campaign promises to decide. What standard can we use? How about Holy Scripture? Specific to this election are many, but these are paramount:
- Trump is for protection of Christian worship. Hillary is not.
- Trump is pro-life. Hillary is for abortion even up until delivery.
- Hillary is divisive by race, faith and gender. Trump does not divide the electorate by demographics.
- Hillary propagates same sex marriage. Trump does not!
- Trump promises those judges who believe in the rights of the Constitution. Hilary has spoken with disdain of the Constitution.
- Hillary race baits. Trump does not.
- Trump has a plan for prosperity. Hillary's plan is for shared poverty.
- Hillary welcomes pagan religions and their acceptance. Trump asks for controlled immigration.
There is a difference. My own impression of Christians who are willing to vote for Hillary, is that they are against themselves. They are without discernment!
Hebrews 5:14 "But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil."
Yes, one is for evil, and the other probably as some "evil" in his heart as well, However, just as David did, any "king" will have too. It's our place to depend on God, and that he often uses crooked sticks for his purpose! Even Paul was a murderer! With God all things are possible, so you self-righteous Christians need to stand back examine the log in your own eyes!