- Did you question yourself "If I am not a born-again Christian, why would I celebrate his birth?
- If you don't worship Christ (per 1 above) do you desire to?
- If the answer to 2 is yes, did you ask Jesus to save you?
- Did you testify to others that Jesus is your way to eternal life? (If so, then you can legitimately celebrate Jesus' birthday).
- Did you repent of previous sins to prepare to praise him?
- Did you magnify his name and acknowledge his majesty?
- Did you thank God for sending Jesus to save the world?
- Did you reflect on that Jesus was born to die in your place?
- Did you eat your meal in remembrance of him?
- Did you pray to (talk with) Jesus? Did you listen for his guidance?
- Were your gifts given in the spirit of charity (or was it mere obligation or ritual)?
- Did you expect to receive or were you just happy to be able to give?
- Did you show love to God?
- Did you show love to others? Your enemies too?
- Were you just still for a time and contemplate on Jesus?
- Did you spend time reading God's word that day?
- Did you make any changes as a present to Jesus? (self-sacrifice in sacrifice to God).
- Was your attitude Christ-like in emulation of him?
- Did you pray for those who do not have what you have on this day? Did you help any others who NEED help during this season?
- Will you endeavor to do these things next year?
Monday, December 19, 2016
Self-Evaluation at Christmastime
Read this survey in advance of Christmas and improve your performance, or do it afterward and realize that you fall short of the "reason for the season":