Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Frustration

I was elated at my readership - over 700 "hits" on some days. My readership was worldwide, and the French read in great numbers. That was my "congregation". Suddenly, dark forces attacked! Google did something, and search engines everywhere fail to find my blog. I write truth, and truth is the enemy of the world. I feel defeated right now. My readership has declined by over half.

I can't write about fun things because life is more than fun. I am like the old church as I teach rather than entertain. To be sure, I am certainly not an entertainer but I do speak truth. People, however, like to be entertained, not hear painful things. If I have yet to offend you, if you have been a reader, I'm probably not rebuking sin enough. We all sin! You Christians do as well! I should offend you or you're not applying what you read. As I write, I often offend myself! As I look inside, I find myself to be offensive to God. You too offend God!

Should I change my methods? Should I write a song or create a sharp video? Should I take time to wow you? That's my dilemma. Just as I am frustrated, so is the church. Most have given in. Their ministry has become entertainment. Like me, the preachers don't like to feel "down" so they give into what feels good. People, conviction hurts but it's the only way to repentance. If a sinner isn't feeling guilty, then beware of reprobation.

My own church teaches truth. They do little entertaining. Not that we should not entertain God, but it is us who want to be entertained.  Church-goers don't worry about what God desires but what they want. They want to be entertained just as they are at home.

Churches who refuse to give in are facing decline. People go where there lies excitement. The same with my readers here. Why read about sinful self when sinner Miley is much more exciting? Why listen to truth when you can hear liberal Pablum?  Should the church change for this new age? I think not! Should I change my biblical commentary for social comment to increase my readership? I think not. If even one hears the truth, and becomes a new creature, even the angels will sing. If no one stays, I still gain because as I write it is truth I learn!

We complain about preachers preaching to the choir. My choir is about all that is left, but that is better than preaching to myself, which I still need to do.

So you are a Christian. That is good! Then why do you not read about Jesus? Why do you not want to consider his ways? Why do you not care that your friends and loved ones are going to hell if you really love them at all? Christians care! I don't sense many caring. Perhaps the way is really, really narrow. Are you walking the path? Perhaps you think that you are but perceive wrongly. Those on the right path want to hear truth, even when it hurts. The truth does hurt. The truth is painful. The truth is that we all need to change - completely and for the better. I bet that hurt because the last thing people desire to do is change.

What will you change for? What do you value most? Eternal life doesn't seem to be enough. You surely want more than that! How about a perfect glorious body? That is promised as well but even it is not enough. Perhaps communion with God. Talking directly to that powerful "person" is surely enough, but it is not! What will it take? Perhaps cancer?

Why does God allow bad things to happen to good people? Because grace doesn't seem to be enough. He will give you the most precious gift - life, but you still refuse it. Cancer may be for evaluating the preciousness of life. Perhaps the Christian child with cancer is so that the sinner parent can appreciate life?

I am frustrated but not for me. I am speaking of God's frustration for those who claim to be His. Can you imagine putting up with the likes of us when He doesn't have to? That will soon come about, you know. God's patience will run out. He will tire of dealing with His unruly children, and turn them over to a foster parent. Satan is there with a home for the rebellious. God has a room in His mansion for the few. Your choice! Now, I am not as frustrated as a few minutes ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment