Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Bright Eyes

Light is the presence of God. The Hebrew people refer to that Light as Shekhinah which is the dwelling place of the Lord. For us Christians, it is the reception and in-dwelling of the Holy Spirit. Although both see the Light through different eyes, it is the same Light of which scripture speaks:
Exodus 13:21 And the Lord went before them by day in a pillar of a cloud, to lead them the way; and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by day and night.
This verse is at the time Moses led the Hebrew people through the wilderness. Alone, they could not find the way (to the promised land). Symbolically, the wilderness represents life itself. It's the same wilderness in which Adam and Eve were cast. The escape from Pharoah brought the Hebrews to safety, but when they tempted God, some died. Others wanted to return to Egypt - symbolic of falling back in sin. Their "hope" was the prize - the land of milk and honey - Canaanland. It was there, that they would be saved.

There are three states of existence therein: safety, hope, and salvation. Paul spoke of this himself (1 Thessalonians 5:8).  While in the wilderness their safety was darkness by day and light by night. The manifestation of God is Jesus Christ. Moses knew that he was following the Messiah who led the way and whose Light shone. Surely, they were in the presence of the Lord Jesus (John 1:1,14).

In the day, they could see the curtain covering God - the cloud. That represents the Law and the Tabernacle/Temple whose curtain was torn with Jesus death (Matthew 27:51). The light represents truth since it guided the Jews to Israel - symbolic of heaven. The "compass" was accurate, and the way by only God. The trip through the wilderness was life - the same life of which Jesus spoke:
Matthew 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
In pursuit of paradise, the Hebrews wandered for forty years in the wilderness - a lifetime for all of them. Even Moses died in that period. The rebellious Jews were cleansed one by one as they followed the Lord around - wherever he took them.  In the end, Joshua, the English transliteration of Yeshua, led the way into paradise. Moses represented God the Father, and Joshua, Jesus himself, both sharing the same name!

I want to focus on the light, though. The pillar of fire which gave them Light represents the Holy Spirit. (See Acts 2). Hence, the Jews had JHVH - the Law, by day, and His Holy Spirit by night. In both cases the Jews could see clearly to find the Way. Where was Jesus? Jesus is the manifestation of God in the flesh. He would be "found" in paradise. Keeping his promise, the Savior was born there many years afterward. Emanuel was with the Jews all the time, and later he was born in the flesh. You must understand: The Cloud and Fire guiding Moses is the same Light when walking the Way of Jesus:
John 8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
With the torn curtain, the Cloud was removed. Jesus declared Himself the fulfillment of the Law (Matthew 5:17).  With the cloud removed, and the Law fulfilled, the Way was then by Light alone! Jesus is "the "light of the world".  Unlike the Jews who half the time walked in darkness - with the Law, but not understanding, those who follow Christ "shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life". You see, it was Jesus who led the Hebrews all the time! Their understanding was clouded, but the light shining forth gave them hope.

The same Light that shined for Moses and the Hebrews, is the same Light which shines for Christians. In paradise in heaven those who make it safely through this wilderness which we call "life" will have the real thing - eternal life! 
Revelation 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
Jesus Lights the City of God! In Heaven - a return to Paradise, there is always light. No darkness is ever there!

The name of that City is New Jerusalem. It has the same Light that was there in the beginning in the Garden of Eden. Therein, was no darkness. Only after Adam spiritally "died", and was sent into the wilderness was there darkness. In the Garden, sacred writings proclaim that it was never dark. The Word - Jesus, lit up the Garden. The light shined from the Tree of Life - the same Tree now in Heaven on the River of God.

I like the following writings about Adam and Eve:
1 Adam & Eve 55:2 Then Adam, when he heard the Word of God, and the fluttering of the angels whom he did not see, but only heard the sound of them with his ears, he and Eve wept, and said to the angels:-- 3 "O Spirits, who wait upon God, look upon me, and upon my being unable to see you! For when I was in my former bright nature, then I could see you. I sang praises as you do; and my heart was far above you. 4 "But now, that I have transgressed, that bright nature is gone from me, and I am come to this miserable state. And now am I come to this, that I cannot see you, and you do not serve me As you were wont. For I am become animal flesh. 5 "Yet now O angels of God, ask God with me, to restore me to that wherein I was formerly; to rescue me from this misery, and to remove from me the sentence of death He passed upon me, for having trespassed against Him." 6 Then, when the angels heard these words, they all grieved over him; and cursed Satan who had beguiled Adam, until he came from the garden to misery; from life to death; from peace to trouble; and from gladness to a strange (dark) land.

In the Garden of Eden - Paradise, Adam and Eve had "bright eyes"! Without any clouds, obviously spiritual clouds, they could see the angels, and of course God, since He walked in the Garden. The "bright nature" they had was under no clouds:  misery, death, trouble, and despair. In the Garden was happiness, life, peace, and gladness. Those are the same attributes as our "promised land", the City of God in Heaven!

With their original "bright nature" they could clearly see the Kingdom of God, it's creatures, and God Himself!  With the birth of Jesus, those who believed got a peek of God Himself. They saw God in the flesh! If you believe, you too can see him now. I see God in the Word. I just recounted how I see Jesus in ancient writings and Holy Scripture. My "hope" is to see Him in the flesh in Paradise! Now I am Comforted by his "Ghost".

When I was born again. I got a little light. 
John 3:21 ...he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought (excited) in God.
Jesus likened that to the Hebrews lifting up the Lord by looking at the bronze snake on a pole. When Adam saw the serpent, it was Satan because as he was beguiled, a cloud was cast over his bright eyes. When those Hebrews saw the serpent on the pole, they saw Jesus on the cross. When we are "born-again" it is not like going back into the womb - darkness, but as Jesus said, "cometh to the light".  Since, Jesus is the Light, that is trusting Him just as the Hebrews trusted the Word and looked up to the lifted "snake". In the bright sun, the brass appeared to them as blood.

When I was born-again, like the Jews who saw God up there on the pole, I see Jesus. I have bright eyes just as Adam and Eve had back in the Garden. The deceiver still lives. Sometimes, darkness surrounds us, and clouds our vision. Satan pulls the same old stunts. In the end though, I will have bright eyes forever because in the presence of God there is always light!

Adam and Eve will return to their Garden. They will rise as I rise presuming I get to die. Adam will regain his bright eyes with a bright nature, and I will get entirely bright eyes for the first time. Those sacred writings tell us that Heaven is Paradise, and that Adam will return to the Garden. That is New Jerusalem. When the earth is "washed clean" by fire, Heaven will come down, and New Jerusalem will replace the old. I believe Adam will be back in his Garden where Jerusalem now sits - on the "foundation of peace".

Looking forward to that day, I can see it clearly. The curtain was torn by Jesus's death, and I see the light. If only everyone could see what I see, and understand what I understand, they shall be saved; at the same time that Adam is!





No comments:

Post a Comment