Tuesday, March 3, 2015

What Do you Think?

Think on it! I do that all the time. Seldom do I feed my mind recreation. I never did! I have fun and pleasure, but my mind is never idle.

Terri asked, when I had remarked that I never heard of "The Eagles",  "What did you listen to when you were a teen?" My response was "The roar of a tractor engine!" That's why I think. Much of my thinking is done as I run or bicycle. In college as I fell into the throes of rapid eye movement, I solved complex calculus problems. I find solitude the best environment for cognition. Silence fuels synaptic fires!

I think on complex things. Why am I here? Is God real? What is truth? How do animals exist whose systems have such complexity? However, one of my favorites, and I think on it often, is "How can it all be?"  That thought is twofold: How can God be forever and how can forever be? I think my thoughts are profound, but look at this:
Isaiah 55:8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. 9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts."
For now, let's forget "my ways" and focus on "my thoughts";  the thoughts of God. Most people would agree "Herrin has deep thoughts!". I'm not alone. Unless you and Maryjane are close friends, it's likely that you think on these things as well!  Perhaps not as often as I do, but we all wonder!

My deepest thought both astounds me and confuses. It is one thought which intimidates me beyond the imagination because this profound thought is mere teasing by God. Yes, God knows, for he is omniscient.  My thought goes beyond the creation. It is on "what is not"!

Scientists can explain, but not to my satisfaction, what the creation is and how it happened, but they can't begin to explain what was before the creation! Think on that!

The creation takes up space. There was a void in which matter and energy was placed. Scientists are futile in their explanations of how it came to be, but make no attempt to explain "where it was put". At one time even Albert Einstein said it was created by God! The next generation said "Creation occurred with the Big Bang", and now the wisdom of the ages is that "what is was always". There was no creation. Everything has always been!

Can all be right? First off, let us deal with "nothingness". What must have always been is emptiness. Mass and energy can move about in nothingness, hence nothingness is something. It's the vessel which holds all things. However, this vessel is boundless. Go any which way and nothing goes on forever. Void is infinite. My highest most profound thought is where did "nothing" originate and how far does it go? For me there is one answer "It must have begun with God!"

The beginning has to be with God because he was all that existed. I've said it before: "Nothingness was not void, it was filled with God's Holy Spirit!"
Revelation 1:8 "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty."
The Lord God said that everything began with him. That's "omnipotence". God is "all-powerful"!  If that's true, and offer me an alternate explanation, God filled that emptiness and created matter and energy which now fills a little part of nothingness.
Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth."
What God "created" was "in the beginning". Hence, "nothing" was created by God in which to place what he created. God is the beginning. He had to be! But did God have a beginning or did he just "begin" to create? See how deeply one can think on the power of God? But think more deeply than that! Without God "nothing just happened", "because nothing caused it". Void just always was, then "poof", everything became into being without reason just because "chance" did all the right things, which by the way, weren't in existence; took the right conditions and the perfect time, and then it all came together in perfect harmony , and voila, we have creation!

Where was God when even void was created. He just WAS.
Exodus 3:14a  "And God said unto Moses, I Am That I Am..."
In effect God was saying that only he is without beginning, and of course he is without end. God always WAS and always IS and always WILL BE.

Surely people who believe that "chance" created all things have no trouble believing that Higg's boson farted and pleasant smelling solid matter filled the diaper of space. Naive people need to think beyond natural phenomena because according to God "my ways higher than your ways"! I believe with all the faith which exists in my mind, that God is the ONLY explanation. Great minds believe that too! Einstein said:
 "God does not play dice with the universe."
The greatest human mind thought, and his mouth responded, in saying in effect "Creation is not by chance, God created it!" No Einstein was not a religious man. He never professed a personal relationship with God. He's the epitome of self absorption because he attempted to explain it all! However, Einstein came to a point where he realized that without God there is no explanation! He humbly had to admit that he found no cause and effect relationship to explain the universe, so he relegated it to the God in whom others believe!

Can you imagine in the beginning as God set everything into motion. He has said "as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways".  We merely attempt to explain what God did, but God DID IT!  God had a perfect plan for everything, his drawing board was his own mind and his tools were his thoughts. Was the boson which released energy and became matter, rather than the fart of chance, a "will" from God?

I won't go into detail, but natural acts takes tremendous amounts of time. A boson can erupt in a moment, but it would take billions of years of time for reactions to make recognizable and useful things. With God time is without definition (2 Peter 3:8). God squeezed actions normally requiring billions of years into an instant in time. Silly? What is the alternative? If something can be made from nothing, isn't it plausible that it can be done in an instant. That's the way of a god. That's God's way of doing things! He's not limited by what his creation can comprehend; his power is boundless!

God's voice said " I am the Almighty God"! What does "almighty" mean? It means "absolute power". It's power beyond definition or comprehension. It's power beyond our thoughts! We can't fathom that absolute power because God said "my thoughts than your thoughts"!

Furthermore, God doesn't want us to know his ways! Adam and Eve wanted to be as God and know what God knows. They were punished and cursed. Wanting to know what God knows has always been mankind's fault. Einstein attempted to know what God knows. He failed! Stephen Hawking, said to be "the smartest man in the world" fails! I'm not smart, but I have more wisdom that Hawking! I understand that man will never be able to know God's ways or God's thoughts! Hawking doesn't believe in God. His god is "chance" and we are who we are because dice were rolled, but by whom we do not know!
Genesis 11:4 "And they (the whole earth) said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth."
A tower was built to see into the heavens. The people sought to know what God knows (make us a name). Somebody, then, was a picture of Stephen Hawking today! We know from archeology that the zigurat they built was one for astronomy and astrology, inseparable then as now.  In order to explain us, they looked to the cosmos, not in search of God, but desiring to know what God knows. They repeated Adam's and Eve's sin, and just as they were punished, the whole people of the earth were scattered and their language confounded. They became mere "babblers" to each other! Hawking continues the babbling!

God doesn't want mankind to know his ways nor his thoughts. We have always envied God and sought to know how it all happened. He told us: He created it, yet we still don't believe although there is no other explanation!  How he "willed it" is not scientific. Science does not create. Science merely seeks to learn what God did. Why? Because they fail to see the need for God in their lives. If they explain " the ways of God" well enough then they make for themselves "a name"! They are as gods in their own eyes!

My God is not Stephen Hawking. He will be just as John Brown shortly; his body moldering in the grave. I won't judge his soul. God will do that, but if God is truth, then we know what happens to those who fail to trust God. Realizing that God is the Creator and he did the creation in his own time, is trusting in God! If God can create he can renew. If he can birth then he can make us "born again"! My faith lies in Jesus, God incarnate. If you're depending on the likes of Stephen Hawking, then your god is a fool and you are fooled!


No comments:

Post a Comment