Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Why?

Why is it that when a person is straightforward and translucent that others see a hidden agenda or undermining? Why is it a person favors their own fiction over truth? It happens to us all!
Matthew 20:15 "Then went the Pharisees, and took counsel how they might entangle him (Jesus) in his talk."
Mark 12: 13 "And they send unto him certain of the Pharisees and of the Herodians, to catch him (Jesus) in his words."
Jesus' "agenda" was pure. He came to provide hope to mankind and the manner of this hope was to love all, be loved and for everyone to love all others. What is wrong with translucence and honesty? Jesus' message was at odds with one thing: Each person believes and does what is in their own best interests because of pride! Pride is the defense mechanism of the "Self" which is the "other god " of each. For these type of people their mind constantly creates a fiction to protect their self-interests. People would rather believe their own fiction and protect that idol than submit to Truth and have peace!

Some of these fictions are:

  • That's unfair to me!
  • I was only trying to help.
  • I lose with your gain.
  • If I'm wrong it's admission that you're right.
  • I deserve that... whatever!
  • Everybody tries to do wrong to me.
  • My side of the story is the way it was.
  • My perceptions are actual events.
  • Why should I submit?
  • I don't want to change.
  • Everybody is wrong, but me.
  • They don't know what they're doing.
  • I feel hurt when others protect their own interests.
  • et al. You get the picture.
We all have these methods of protecting our little god. Love is giving others the benefit of the doubt. Love is forgiveness. Love is caring for a person regardless of the "other god" of others! It's building accord even if it's one-sided!

The Pharisees and the Herodians were trying to trick Jesus. Because they were protecting their own comfort zone and pride, they sought to trick Jesus into being a failure. The standard they used is "my belief is truth" even though they were blind to real truth, and "I won't admit being wrong for anybody even if I'm wrong!" The stakes are high! Wrong people have to make a "living sacrifice"! They must take all their wrong perceptions and fictions and hand them over to Truth. It's uncomfortable to do that because they are in effect sacrificing their own "self" to the Almighty God. The "self" clings to it's own fiction in an attempt to preserve itself! Some hang onto so long to their "self" that they are destroyed (for eternity) to preserve their own little god!

Even Christians have that "other god" It's those "other gods" of which God is jealous. It's our corporate "selfs"! It's the other god that people cling to for so long hoping that God's grace will take them to heaven even though it's the "self" they love. It's not entirely pride, but it's all self-interest.

Why don't most people submit to God? Because they want to preserve their "self". If it takes pride, self-love and a fictional world to  preserve those "selves" that's what people do! Those are the same obstacles which Satan throws in to have discord among Christians, for even Christians to have animosity for others. He's a deceitful devil and even the elect fall for his tricks! I try not too, but at times he's so sneaky about it that I rationalize my own behaviors. Christian beware! That's why!

No comments:

Post a Comment