Monday, September 9, 2013

Interview from Hell: Today's guest - Jimi Hendrix

This is your moderator doing an exclusive interview from Hell (Sheol for you Jehovah Witessesses out there). My guest speaker today is the all-time great guitarist, the one and only Jimi Hendrix! Jimi, I'm so glad to be here with you today and want to thank you for the opportunity to ask you questions most of the world would really like answered.  (My note: My feeble attempt to use colloquial black grammar isn't meant to be derogatory, but only to make the interview more realistic. If it offends that is not my intent).

For you folks out there who're wondering, I'm in an environmentally controlled booth which was lowered miles beneath the earth's surface. Although it's hotter than fire outside this specially insulated titanium ceramic layered booth, I'm at a "comfortable" 105 degrees inside.

We're here to find out if Jimi Hendrix was really demon possessed, if his music was from the netherworld and what hell is like. Jimi... your girlfriend had this to say about you and your director made a similar statement:

From UK Yahoo Answers.com (Michaele Davis) One of his girlfreinds had this to say:
"He used to always talk about some devil, or something that was in him, and he didn't have any control over it. He didn't know what made him act the way he acted and what made him say the things he said and the songs and different things that just came out of him. He'd say "I don't know what has come over me. I can't understand it". You know he used to just grab his hair or something or pull his hair or stand in the mirror or cry or something. Oh lord, it was so sad when he would cry. He was maybe the first man, or maybe the only man that I've ever seen cry, you know but it just killed me when he cried. It seems like to me that he was tormented and just torn apart and like he was obsessed with something really evil. And he said, "You know like you're from Georgia," you know he said, "I should know how, you know, people drive demons out". He actually thought about, you know, if we ever go, because I used to talk about my grandmother and all her weird stuff, you know, and he used to talk about us going down there and having some root lady or somebody see if she could drive this demon out of him"
Bill: What say you?

"Well, Bill, there's not much that I can say. I'm here aint I? Sorta speaks fer itself. I have many bro's down here. It's crowded, worse than the projects. My guitar be all burn up. I sorta just hum the tunes. Ya know. The one Big Daddy down here really likes. Same ones I strummed in da worl'."

"First off Jimi, how hot is it down there?"

Jimmy: "Read da book, Bill. It's hotter than hell! 'Scuse the bad rap, but Big Daddy likes to get free ads. He's a 'ceitful dude, but he be proud and man he do ha' the power! We hafta begg'm for a drank, but he jes' laffs."

Bill: I guess this is the scripture to which you're referring:

Daniel 3:19: "Then was Nebuchadnezzar full of fury, and the form of his visage was changed against Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego: therefore he spake, and commanded that they should heat the furnace one seven times more than it was wont to be heated."
Bill: "That's not hell, Jimi. That's the firey furnace."

Jimi: "Bill, I be in hell, I feel da heat in hell and all my thoughts dey are all on hell all da time. I tellya, hell is hotta than dat fiery furnace!"

Bill: "Yes, I undersatnd that the center of the earth is 4000 degrees. That is not 'hotter than hell', that is hell, folks. It's a lake of fire scripture tells us."
Revelation 21:8 "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."

Bill: "Are you dead, Jimi?"

Jimi: "My body be dead in '70, but my soul, it die years 'fore dat."

Bill: I guess this verse sums up what your speaking of:
Romans 2:6 " Who will render to every man according to his deeds: 7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life: 8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath, 8 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;"
Jimi: "Yeah. Dat be the one, but I die when my ole mammy told me 'bout Jesus and I say dat I not done havin' fun yet. Dats when I start to hear dos voices in my haid. Dey tell me how ta live and what ta sing. Dey plucked dem guitar strings and made da music soun' really good. Deys so good dat I 'came famous."
Bill: "I'm not a religious man because I'm pragmatic, but I understand that you are referring to this verse:"
Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:"
Bill: "Jimi, it would appear that all your sins doomed you. It could have been different, this scripture says. Redeemed, I believe, means that your sins would have been forgiven and grace means it was a free gift. Most people don't believe it, but it says here that Jesus Christ provides that redemption. What say you?"

Bill: "Ah, but first, here's another one:"
Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Jimi: "Wish I had dat to do over. I'd beg and plead for dat mercy! Dere's no doin' it over 'gin. Dis is forever. I wish I had read da Lazarus story in da Bible."

Luke 16:19 " There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: 20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, 21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. 22  And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; 23  And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. 24  And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. 25  But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented."
Jimi: "He want to tell his bros back up dere 'bout torment, but dey wont listen anyhow. Jes' like I didn't listen."

Bill: "You mentiond you had friends in hell?"

Jimi: "Dey were my friens in da worl', but not here. We all hate each other here and blame each other for bein' tormented so. My friens were dose dat warned me 'bout dis and told me 'bout Jesus. Dose I know down here, jes' wanted to do drugs, an' do sex and da like. Some friens dese were! I was famous in da worl', but not so much down here:"

Psalm 6:5 "For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?"
Bill: "Yes, my advisers gave me this scripture about worldly pleasure:"
Jude 1:7 "Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire."
Bill: "Seems like I too am learning much here. I'm going to ask my advisers to fill me in more about Jesus. My church teaches about him, but many don't take him seriously."

Bill: "You know, I never really asked Jesus for salvation. Maybe I should!"
Romans 10:13 "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."
Bill: "It appears that salvation is for all and all that a person has to do is call upon the Lord. How easy can it get? What happens after I die?"
Revelation 20:13 "And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works."
Bill: "I guess none will escape judgment! I guess you've been judged already, Jimi?"

Jimi: "Don't judge me, Bill. Dat's wrong in scripture!"

Bill: "I didn't mean to be intorant, Jimi, but it would seem that God already judged you! You reap what you sew!"

Jimi: " 'fore you leave, Bill, can I jes' have a drink?  It don hafta be booze, jes' a lil drop of water to wet my tongue."

Bill: "I'm sorry, Jimi, my sponsors won't allow me to cross that chasm between you and the world. You'll just have to thirst for awhile. A long while, I guess. With no end I understand!"

Bill: "Next week we'll see what Adolph Hitler thinks about hell. We'll see if he still has a Jewish problem or if that even matters to him anymore. Thanks for being with "Factor This" tonight and I hope you'll join me for future interviews with some people who never dreamed they'd be in hell because they were good in life! Stay tuned for "Greata than Sufferin" next on this ROX news network.





3 comments:

  1. Tell that to his friends who said that he was possessed. Which Christ do you worship? Mine is the one who demands righteousness. I perceive that yours is a imposter perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is actually quite accurate. Rock and Roll is a breeding ground for sin, and now that I think about it, a lot of his songs were built upon a foundation of lust, one of the seven deadly sins. Sometimes I just think, "I used to look up to him." But I was spiritually blind, as so many are still today and I pray for them. I have only question though. Isn't it slanderous and bad to speak of the dead like that? Thanks for the insight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He was into some awful stuff, no, he was a celebrity, and the comments are fiction on my part anyway. What i quoted was by others.

    ReplyDelete