Thursday, October 15, 2015

Critters in the Attic

As I crept up those stairs;
a stairway to slumberland I crept.
In the darkness were eerie stares;
staring critters where I slept!

Hairs were frozen in humid heat;
heat in the sun bathed space.
My heart slammed hard as it beat;
beating hard as it raced!

Above my head I could hear its breath.
Breathing hard because of me.
The unseen critter was as death;
deathly fear of what I could not see!

I knew it was there, there was not doubt.
Doubting not, dare I  scream?
As an army made to rout;
Routed , I fled instantly, so it seems!

What I saw not, yet I feared;
fearing what my mind made real.
Scared of death as it leered!
Leering at me I could feel!

This old attic scared me for sure;
surely scared by an unknown critter!
Nevermore will sleep be my lure;
luring me to this creature's litter!

Over the years it left my home.
Home to me is clear of fright!
Where does this critter now roam?
Roaming the neighborhood all the night!





No comments:

Post a Comment