Friday, October 5, 2018

Division

     I used Facebook last evening on a "fishing" expedition.  I gave an opinion about a political comment. The question was whether Obama's presidency was good for America. To be honest, Obama seems to be a nice guy, but his M.O. was to divide under the pretense of uniting. I said that in a nice way as bait to expose haters. That exposition was my bait for them to come from out of the darkness unto the light. My desire was to reveal my premise; that Obama had divided the nation.
     The evidence of that came when Trump announced for the presidency and continues until this day. The divisive atmosphere was there long before Trump was ever president. Obama's divisive tactics were in his smooth words, such as: "They get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations," in reference to working class men in industrial towns." That statement, in a moment when he was caught off-guard, revealed his true feelings about those not elite as himself.
     My commentary is my opinion but I base it on facts. I keep up with the news and read vociferously. I listen to others opinions, not merely seeking out those who validate my beliefs. I seek truth!
     When I listened to Obama what I heard from his own lips were words which divided the nation in two. The presidential election displayed just how divided Americans are. There seems to be two Americas with two very opposite viewpoints about America. Obama did that. The Civil War now exists because of him: it's the blue states in rebellion to the red states; the liberals against the conservatives. The war is not really a political one but spiritual. The armies are gathered:
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. (Ephes 6:12)
     Obama divided the nation for this war. That is my opinion, and it is mine. In America, diverse people should be allowed their own opinions. Autocracies (dictatorships) do not allow that. It seems right now that the left dictates political norms and enforces their unwritten laws. I don't follow their laws; I follow God's: "With the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin" (Rom 7:25). Paul was referring to himself. Non-Christians, though, serve the law of sin, and righteous people the Law of God. The former is the absence of the latter.
     With my Facebook opinion, I exposed my allegation: that Obama divided the nation. Very soon, the haters came out of the closet. In their war of words, there were no arguments, but only cursing and name-calling. Of course, the first discourse introduced the F-word into the discussion. Then came the name-calling: "Trump-tard". Nowhere was there an argument with propositions, supporting data, and conclusions. In effect, their motive was to intimidate me off the discussion. I know that because liberals most often use that tactic. I knew they would!
    The haters validated my premise. They demonstrated to the public how much divided the nation is. I didn't even need to make a strong argument. I merely gave an opinion about Obama's divisive tactics, and they crawled out of their digitally safe caves to duel with me, which I'm sure, they would not do without the shield of distance!
     I don't like this division because it is war. Spiritual warfare uses two types of weaponry. The good guys use the sword of the Spirit which is the Word of God (Ephes 6:17), and the bad guys use hatred. Hatred reveals itself in cursing, name-calling, intimidation, and emotional assault. Even in America, protestors turn to brown-shirt tactics just as they did in Nazi Germany. The righteous seem to stay at home and fight the war using the ballot. The bad guys go to the front and fight the battle with intimidation, lies, insults, and hatred.
     Christians don't like the fight but the rulers of darkness instill rebellion in the hearts of evil people. They enjoy their hatred. Little do they know that they are not fighting for their principles but Satan's will. They are his stooges who create chaos to divide the nation. Discord is evil and is always demonic. Even when Christians are at each others throats, it is the doing of demons. Jesus did not come to bring peace to the world. Are you surprised? "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword" (Mat 10:34).
     Jesus knew that his doctrine was divisive. Why then did he even come? "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid" (John 14:27). Jesus came to bring inner peace: the hope of salvation we soon found out. The hatred crowd does not have inner peace. The world is divided between those who hate and those who love! Hatred is spiritual murder (1 John 3:15). Love is he antidote for that. In order to be unified, requires accordance. (Acts 2:1). That is mankind loving one another.
     Satan wants division and his weapon for that is terrorizing Christians with hatred for each other and for the people of the world. Those haters who hide behind Facebook comments are digital terrorists who invoke hatred and name-calling to do Satan's will, thinking it is their own will they are doing! They have been fooled and manipulated by demonic forces who identify themselves in the F-words and name-calling. Christians don't do that, or of they do, they shouldn't. I am ashamed when I get caught up in that attitude because I don't want to be a hater.
     I'll be honest here: I believe the world would be a better place without the haters Maxene Waters and Elizabeth Warren who make no pretense about their right to hate. However disgusting they are, before I became a Christian, I was just as disgusting. I was cleaned up by Jesus's blood but I still have impurities. I wish that I didn't because the very thought that Maxene and Elizabeth deserve death is sinful. I don't like falling into Satan's divisive hatred trap.
     Making America great again is more than a slogan; we must be great by loving one another, not that we were ever perfect, but because we were way ahead of the other countries. Think about it: The Abrahamic Covenant is all about making the nation great again. Of course, the nation is not necessarily America but the Kingdom of God. God's deal was that if we obeyed (love one another), He would make us prosper (greatness). The flip-side of that is if we are not loving toward God and one another, we will be unprosperous. Prosperity, though, is not riches but contentment with the authority of God and accordance with one another.
     Obama's presidency, like it or not, was God's will. Perhaps, he willed that to create the desire for Trump whose presidency is also God's will. Who is the most righteous of the two? Probably neither. Who, however, upholds the Law of God better. Testing by God's Word reveals that Trump's policies are somewhat better without regard to who is the most righteous of the two, which neither seems to be.
    Spiritual warfare is in progress. It will continually get worse until brother will be against brother: "And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death" (Mat 10:21). That is happening and will continue happening until the end because hatred is Satan's weapon and division is his strategy.



No comments:

Post a Comment