Monday, February 16, 2015

Flash Movies

I'm impatient and time conscious. At work I literally ran all day long from place to place and multi-tasked as I went. I couldn't stand to double-back on my route and  walk non-value added steps. Much of the time I ate while I was running! I burned my food off faster than I ate it.

One time in our company cafeteria years ago, everyone else (about 200 people) were standing and applauding. Since I was the only one still sitting, I thought "This must be about me!" My cohorts had been timing me very day. I had just went from coming through the cafeteria door to the last burp in two minutes!

In my private life, I caught people laughing, for even as I was relaxing, I just didn't walk from the table to the chair; I ran! Running became my life. I ran to relax, I ran to hurry and I even while working. When I went shopping I often found my wife city blocks behind me!

My most hilarious confession is when I am alone I watch my movies high speed! I actually stick a movie in, run it fast-forward, stop where it catches my interest and then move on. I generally get the gist of the plot, and for foreign movies, this saves a lot of worry in translation. I've watched three movies in thirty minutes and was quite entertained. For me the movies had little more value than to waste more time than that.

When I retired, I still catch myself running from store to store while shopping, and have to force myself to slow down. I often get impatient because I have to wait in lines, and when I show an attitude, I think "Why hurry? I'm retired!" Also, I want to do everything I ever missed in life when I was working. My life has been a fast forwarded movie, one I call "Flash Movies".

The fastest flash movie I ever saw is when I flipped the car upside down. I did see my entire life in my mind's eye before people ever dreamed of virtual reality. I went from infant to adult in sixty seconds. This "Flash Movie" was called "My Life!"

My life is a "Flash Movie" in the eternal scheme of things. Let's say that the earth is in fact six-thousand years old. Then my life is, if I'm blessed, 85/6000=.014. If the world is a movie 90 minutes long, then each minutes is 68 years. In the movie, I'm merely what's called a "cameo". My life flashes by in a little over a minute. However, in the eternal time-frame I don't even get one frame. I'm not even a snapshot in the "Flash Movie" of eternity.

We sin often, but our sins are short. Even sexual sins last just a few minutes. Throughout life we have millions of sins, but for the typical sinner, we're busy living. We don't even have time to spend to make sins lasting! We are even hurried sinners! When we do sin each one averages a few seconds; some no more than a thought. In my life the duration of all my sins may be one frame in the movie "My Life", My sins are a mere flash if my own life was scaled down to 90 minutes!

We pay dearly for our "Flash Movie". The price is extreme! We complain when we pay $12! For a "Flash Movie" with a sad ending (eternal hell), the price we pay is with our life. We pay Satan a high fee just to serve him, he makes a movie, but the only audience is God! However, God, much as I do, reviews movies with great haste! He sees the frames with sin and judges what he sees in just a few frames. He doesn't have to watch all the "good" things we've done because he's not an accountant! What we did to deserve isn't impressive to him, but only what we did to love.

He stands at the door and asks "Do you want to see a movie with a happy ending? He offers it for free! We can decide. Which movie is it worth while? Most pay for the expensive movie with the sad ending when the movie with the happy ending is free!

After the movie, the giver of the free movie stands there waiting. He thanks you for watching his movie. In his movie it turns out you're the star! You ask the giver, "Did you enjoy it too?" He replies, "Yes I did, but I didn't even watch it... not even on fast forward!"

"Why not?" you ask. He replied "When you chose my movie I had already paid for you. By accepting my gift I saw all that I wanted to see! Well done, good and faithful servant!"

No comments:

Post a Comment