Friday, June 26, 2015

I'll Be Frank

Frank: Why do you say things which destroy others?

Iffy: I'm offended! What do you mean?

Frank: You're not qualified to advise anyone. When you counsel from ignorance those counseled are ill advised and you have the liberty in sleeping well "Because you were only trying to help"!

Iffy: I don't do that! My advise is sound!!!!

Frank: Do you have a counseling degree? Have you years of experience in helping others or are you pretty much a loner?  Is your own life in order?

Iffy: No, I have my own problems and NO I do NOT have a counseling degree!

Frank: Then you destroy the lives of others even though you have no credentials?

Iffy: But I just know! It's all common sense.

Frank; That's what the ignorant believe. The human mind is complex and the spirit easily fooled! By the way, just what is your knowledge of scripture?

Iffy: I read it often!

Frank: I read Science Illustrated. Of what I read I understand only a small fraction of that and I certainly can design and build cars, or even work on them, because I read a magazine. In order to be an expert one must DO what one READS and do it successfully. I've never worked on a car. I've only read about them. Can I work on yours? I'll start with body work because I've always wanted to pretend that I was good at that!

Iffy: But I'm special. God gives me wisdom.

Frank: So your counseling is inspired! I'll buy that. However, I notice that when you advise it's contrary to what scripture says! I know you're following the spirit, but are you sure which spirit you're following?

Iffy: I'm certain that God gives me special insight.

Frank: Scripture says that "even the elect" shall be fooled. That means good Christians will be deceived. You see, Satan's strategy is to use partial truth to propagate a lie. Do you remember the serpent's trickery with word play when Eve was tempted? The serpent tricked her by craftiness to say "if I eat of the tree or  touch it God said I will surely die."  God didn't say that. Eve was confused! God said nothing about "touching the tree" and Eve was a know-it-all. God never told her anything, but she let on as if she and God were close and that she knew more than she did!  That's what people do today! They watch Dr. Phil and steal his credentials.

Iffy: You're blowing this out of proportion. I was only trying to help a friend with troubles!!!!

Frank: When I was a child the first fifty-cents I earned was from a farmer who gave me money as a reward to stay out of the way. He was a wise man. He was able to work his own chores without my interference, plus save me from harm. You can take a lesson from him. Until you're trained, have the experience and wisdom, your help most is staying out of the way!

Iffy: At what point can I help others with their issues, then?

Frank: When you quit being a baby in your own life! Selfish people are blinded by their own wants so greatly that they can't focus on what's best. Narcissistic people don't have the ability to ever be wrong, let alone say "I'm sorry"! When you outgrow your own childish ways, then you can help others, but only if you have studied the scriptures and apply them as God wills. He will never have you to counsel someone to commit sin! You've been doing that!

Iffy: But my friend needed out of that situation!

Frank: Who says?  She, you or God? Satan is a deceiver. What's falsely perceived as right in the eyes of the deceived are sin in the eyes of God. We really need to be careful when we advise; we may be directing a loved-one on a wide path to destruction. The narrow path is the hard path, but with God it can be made easy.

Iffy: I reject all this hogwash! I'll do what I think is right and you can just shut up for all I'm concerned.

Frank: That's been tried time and time again. People have always "done what's right in their own eyes". You see, people worship themselves besides God. We need to be careful that we give God our full attention. When Adam and Eve stood under "The Other Tree", they didn't reject God, they just added another god besides him. They did what was right in their own eyes and left God right over there within sight, feeling bad because his creations were worshiping themselves. He's a jealous God and if we don't do his will, someday we'll be judged.

Iffy: You're just trying to confuse me with scripture I haven't studied thoroughly.

Frank: Your job is to first learn God's will for you before you counsel others with what God's will is for them.

Iffy: I don't sin, I go to church and I obey God!

Frank: But do you really? Look at yourself. Are you perfect? When is the last time that you earnestly told God that you're sorry? If you can't tell others you're sorry  because of pride, Ms. Know-It-All, are you telling God how sorry you are?

Iffy: I reject all that you're saying ("I wish I could get out of here!" she thinks).

Frank; If you're counsel is wrong, and it may be, are you prepared to suffer the consequences? It may not be you which feels the pain, but your loved one will. The one to whom you advised wrongly will suffer dire consequences and you will be responsible! Those who advise against God's will are in league with the devil whether they know it or not! That's sounds rough, but that's scripture. Eve loved God, but she took bad advice from the serpent and passed along that bad advice to Adam, who was stupid enough to believe a woman without experience, training or even a relationship with God! Eve is responsible for, not only her own death, but Adam's as well, and on top of that, today we still suffer death because Eve wasn't meant to be the counselor and mediator with God. She was not divinely equipped to do so, and God had never even trained her! Eve spoke out of turn and look where her advice got her... and us!

Iffy: God inspires me when I counsel.

Frank: You are to test what you say by scripture. Does the Bible say anywhere that what you just advised as his will? I think not!

Iffy: I'm getting out of here! I can't take any more of this criticism!!!

Frank: Just as I thought! There are two ways to respond to scripture: either accept it and change or rebel. Most people reject God's word even when they know it's right. It's just so much easier to do what's right in ones' own eyes! Oh, here comes the victim... er, I mean the person she counseled. Hi Nona. May I call you that?

Nona: Yes, that works.

Frank: You seem forlorn. Are things not going well for you?

Nona: I'm doing better. Iffy helped me out.

Frank: Are you sure she helped?

Nona: What do you mean by that?

Frank: I think you told me that you are a Christian. Well, Iffy told me that she and some of her friends have been advising you. Well, Iffy means well, but is is not qualified and knows little of scripture, but the others aren't even Christians! Why in the world would you listen to people who don't even profess Christ? Especially, those whose own lives are a mess! Are you asking for failure?

Nona: They're my friends!

Frank: Being in the garage doesn't make a person a car. These people want you to fail just as they have failed. That may not be in their conscience, but it's there at any rate. People want to feel better than others and to do that is to bring others down below their own level.

Nona: But they're agreeing with what I want to do!

Frank: We're not to do what is "right in our own eyes", but seek God's will. God's will doesn't come from the unsaved. If you listen to them, you'll all share the same destiny. They'll hate you in hell and you'll hate them.

Nona: But if I do what I want to do, God will forgive me!

Frank: God forgives those who are sincere. Sincere Christians don't sin in rebellion thinking that God is a genie who grants every wish. It doesn't work when our M.O. is to think "God, forgive me for what I'm about to do!"

Nona: But things have been tough. I've got to have refuge from stress!

Frank: True, people need relief, but relief is not coming from where you're headed!  God says:

Philippians 4:6 (ESV) "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
1 Peter 5:7 (ESV) "Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you."

Frank: Are you turning away from God or are you seeking his help? Have you made promises which you're not keeping? He won't help you if you're doing wrong! When you seek help, it must be to do what he wills, and if you seek his help you WILL make it through!  Where people go wrong is when they disobey! I know. I've been there! Only peace can be obtained through God. If you don't do his will, only more stress and destruction is forthcoming!

Nona: I just don't know what to do! I just can't stand this any longer!

Frank: Read this:
James 4:4 "You adulterous people, don’t you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God. 5 Or do you think Scripture says without reason that he jealously longs for the spirit he has caused to dwell in us? 6 But he gives us more grace. That is why Scripture says:  “God opposes the proud,  but shows favor to the humble.” 7 Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 8 Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. 9 Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. 10 Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up."
Nona: I'm stubborn at times. I still want to do it my way!!!

Frank: That's between you and God. I can only tell you his will for you.







No comments:

Post a Comment