Sunday, June 7, 2015

They always say "Sure As Hell"!

People always use the expression "Sure as hell", but few apparently believe it for if they did, they would never use the expression lightly. "Hell is sure as hell!" is a better thing to say because it certainly is a real place!  In fact anxious people who know they've sinned are called to do one thing: they want to be saved! The question remains "Saved from what?" The answer is "Saved from hell"! In order to be saved from anyplace the place must exist. Jesus came to save all mankind from hell!

We focus on heaven because that is the reward from being saved from hell. Most people would desire living forever in heaven, but the alternative to that is dying forever in hell! There is no place in between! No, purgatory is not scriptural and if you want to NOT believe in something, it's safer NOT to believe in purgatory than is it NOT to believe in hell!
Revelation 21:8 "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
That's hell: fire, brimstone, isolation and dying forever! "NOT being dead forever" mind you, but dying forever. Why did I seek the hope of salvation? I was "scared as hell "  because I was "sure of hell" and afraid to die forever in fire and brimstone,  That's "sure as hell" the reason I believe in and accept Jesus. He is the ONLY hope that I have of escaping fiery punishment "sure as hell"!

"I don't believe in hell?" you say.  You are a gambler, my friend, and gambling is high stakes when not only your life is on the line, but eternal death. I'd rather go with Jesus and have a chance of winning than to listen to the devil and have no chance at all, "sure as hell" I would!

My point is this: Do not take lightly and in vain what is so serious. They say "Heaven is for real!" That's true, but also "Hell is for real!" To be honest, I have the hope of salvation because I love myself enough NOT to want to go to hell. I want to save my lousy skin; the one I worshiped all my life! Because Jesus offered salvation from hell is WHY I love Jesus!

I'm sure as hell glad I'm saved from a real hell! That's God's mercy on this sinner of which we all are and I am as bad as the worst.

No comments:

Post a Comment