Friday, September 7, 2018

Badly Mistaken


What is the worst mistake one could make in life? (My Quora Question)





Now for my own thoughts on that matter: One answer hit it squarely, The question is focused on the individual. It implies that I am important to me. The most important thing in life is preserving my life.
Even if after my life, existence is nothingness, that is sordid. I can’t stand the thought of not existing, and forever after. Neither can I stand any thought of eternal punishment.
The worst mistake, in my opinion, is failing to do a simple thing: trusting Someone who is Almighty to save me because I realize that I am not really capable of doing that. myself Trusting that I will  never die provides hope.
I am no god even though I play the role at times! We think of life as existing in the physical world. The bias of science is against things which cannot be quantified (operationalized). Believing in the unseen and the unmeasured is faith. The worst  mistake in life, in my opinion, is neglecting the possibility of the unseen because nothing (even scientific things) cannot be proven.
My hope is that life exists beyond this one. A fatal mistake would be to discard that possibility because the consequences are severe if there is eternal life! Fools gamble their knowledge that there is not when the consequences are horrendous.
Wise people do not gamble. It is wise to consider that there are things which may be beyond our body of knowledge. The two trees in the Garden represent that decision. Which “tree” should wise people stand beneath? One offers eternal life and the other wisdom and pleasure. Which tree to stand beneath is a decision all people make. It is a crucial decision because one results in eternal life and the other eternal death!

No comments:

Post a Comment