Sunday, January 27, 2019

Gathering at the Same Tent

     Much of scripture is ambiguous. When used casually, statements with less obvious meanings are called "double entendres". Although much of scripture is understood differently by different people, it's merely a matter on which the reader focuses. Many people who read scripture only receive the obvious, or primary message. Although primary, the message may not be the most important. For instance, why would Americans even care that Babylonia destroyed Judah, Jerusalem, and the temple? Why would God inspire the prophets to prophecy the salvation of Israel unless it meant something for their posterity.
     The ambiguity in scripture is that it must be studied comprehensively to be understood as prophets spoke of things distant as well as things near.
     One of the most important prophecies from Holy Scripture was not made by a prophet but the Word spoke it himself: "God shall enlarge Japheth, and he shall dwell in the tents of Shem; and Canaan shall be his servant" (Gen 9:27). The sons of Noah - Japheth and Ham - became to be known as Gentiles or "gentile" people, all sharing the same genesis. Even Shemites, Noah's Semitic son, are gentile as well, but since they are God's chosen people, he withdrew them from the gentile clan. Thus, the world is divided into two clans: Jew and Gentile. Although divided, the world is one, or Adamic in nature.
     When God divided the world into clans, he had the remainder of the world in mind as well. Those "tents" in which Japheth would dwell with Shem became known as "tabernacles" and were places the Jews worshiped God before there were buildings. The reader should understand that the underlying meaning of that passage is that Gentiles would come to worship the same God as do the Jews.
      Throughout history, other clans were divided from the Shemites. Abraham was brought from a pagan land to the Levant. "Hebrews" came from that separation of clans through Eber. Later, the line Abraham was divided into Isaac's and Ishmael's people. Isaac's line became God's chosen people, whereas God had another plan for Ishmael. Islam claims Ishmael as their lineage; not Abraham and Isaac, but Ibrahim and Nabi (Ishmael). However, most middle-eastern Muslims are semitic, but propagate anti-Semitism against their cousins the Jews. Ismael's dismissal into the wilderness is resented until this day. (It is Ishmael who seed became "the praised one" or Mohammad.)
     The next division was when God split the tribe of Isaac into two: Jacob and Esau. Jacob's name was changed to "Israel" and Esau became Edom (red). Esau's line was of darkish red hue and hairy. Arabs are mostly descended from Esau. Arabs were divided from the Hebrews,  leaving the Israelites.
     The next most profound split was when the Kingdom of David was divided into Israel and Judah. Israelites were dispersed throughout the world. There remained only Judah. "Jews" were the citizens of Judah who were of the line of Jacob. They too were dispersed into distant lands, but some made it back. Isaiah spoke of there return in the Book of Isaiah chapter 43.
    A further division of Jews were the Ashkenazim, from Gomer the grandson of Japheth, as they had been mixed into the Germanic race who are from the line of Japheth. The Jews scattered into the Iberian Peninsula and are Sepharaddim - a mixture of Jew, Cushite, and Jephethite.
     In 1948 when the new nation of Israel was formed, Jews came "home" to the Promised Land just as God's prophets wrote. Isaiah wrote of their return from Babylonia, but it is less obvious that he was speaking of other "returns" as well, such as the formation of modern Israel. I look deeper than double entendre, and find triple entendre; I look for Japthethites returning as well! Most Christians have historically been Jephethites according to God's prophecy to Noah. We indeed "dwell in the tents of Shem."
     Through the years, however, Jews have dwelt in the "tents" of Japheth in that they were dispersed. Their dispersion is called by theologians, the "diaspora." They dwelt in Egypt, Nineveh, Babylon, Greece, Rome, Germany, Iberia, and now all over the world. They have been aggregating in Israel since 1948. They are no longer living in "tents" of Japheth, but spiritually, with the advent of Christianity, Christians have been worshiping in the spiritual tents of Shem. What that means is that Christians are mostly Jephethites and believe in the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Israel.
      The "tents" have a foundation. The Christian "tent" has as a cornerstone, Jesus - the Messiah. The prophets were the foundation, followed by the apostles, and Japhethites as the "lively stones." Of course, the "tent" is not really a tabernacle, temple, church building, or synagogue. It is the body of Christians who worship Jesus in spirit and truth. Faithful Jews have always done that because the Truth is the Word who spoke to the patriarchs and prophets. Judaism and Christianity is, thus, the same "tent." Whose was the Maker of the Tent? The Word is the Cornerstone whether he is called Yahweh, Messiah, Jesus, or Christ.  Isaiah knew that.


5 Fear not: for I am with thee: I will bring thy seed from the east, and gather thee from the west; 6 I will say to the north, Give up; and to the south, Keep not back: bring my sons from far, and my daughters from the ends of the earth; 7 Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him. 9 Let all the nations be gathered together, and let the people be assembled: … let them hear, and say, It is truth. 10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. 11 I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no saviour. 12 I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, that I am God. 13 Yea, before the day was I am he; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand: I will work, and who shall let it? 18 Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old. 19 Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth... 21 This people have I formed for myself; they shall shew forth my praise. 25 I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins. 26 Put me in remembrance (Isa 43).
     Verse 5-11 refer to somewhat disguised people. They include all the people to the world who would come to worship in the tent of Shem. You should ask, Who is in this tent? The Messiah is in there, but he is the Christ. The tent of Shem is the same "tent" of Christians. The day will come when Shem, Japheth, and even Ham will again become brothers! With missionary work and Messianic Christianity, Shems and Japheths from all over the world are entering the Messiah's tent.
     The owner of Shem's tent was the Word who said, "...the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. 11 I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no savior." The Lord is the promised savior who the world knows is Jesus. Some refuse to accept that, but eventually most Jews will share the same "tent" with Gentiles (Rev 21:12). That tent is not an old "thing" (Isaiah's word) but "a new thing". We found earlier in the Book of Isaiah that the "new thing" is a "new song." It's the song of Shemites sung to the tune of Japheth. It's when Japhethites dwell in the tents of Shemites; it was Yahweh all the time in whom the world as feuded. 
     The angel said about Jesus, "On earth Peace, and goodwill toward men." That day will come when Christians dwell in the tents of Jews, and vice versa. Up to that time, Jesus said that he didn't come to bring peace but a sword. The sword will be bent into plowshares when Japheth worships in Shem's tent. Ironically, or by plan, a tentmaker would bring Jephethites into Shem's tent as Paul made various trips to the north, south, east, and west to bring people to the cross of Jerusalem. Paul was instrumental in fulfilling Isaiah's prophecy! God planned that; Paul was a Shemite zealot against Jesus, and when the scales of his eyes was lifted, he brought millions if not billions of Japhethites into Shem's tent. And so it goes; prophets of the One True God are right on!


No comments:

Post a Comment