Tuesday, August 8, 2023

WHO KILLED ADAM?

 Fear killed the first man! So, when Adam died, all his kind would thereafter die, as it is written, “As by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so, death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned” (Rom 5:12). In the Greek, sin entered by one “man” or in the Greek, “anthropos.”

Consider the general application of that premise. That one word distinguishes human beings from beings of a different order, or “kind.”  It was some being, another existence, that walked upright and who had countenance — self-control, a personality, character, and intelligence. The anthropos of which Paul spoke were not the other kinds made during the Creation, but those made in the Image of God.

There is much discussion about what is the “Image” of God. However, scripture points toward the events of Genesis chapter one being the creation of a Paradise in another world with the different kinds therein.

(Bare with me; this is going somewhere.)

All those kinds would be, well, a kind, or sort. Even the animal kingdom would be kind within the Garden in the sense of having a fundamentally good nature or “genome” using scientific terms. Neither the plants nor the animals in that Garden paradise were harmful.

In that Adam and Eve, and apparently two each of the other kinds, were sent out into the world (Gen 3:24), world “history” began and all that came before was of another world. While in the “Garden,” indubitably Paradise in heaven, the flesh of the anthropoi would have been some type of incorruptible supernatural (glorious) flesh that was the covering for their immortal souls.

As such, not the person Adam sinned first, but the woman — the female of the anthropoi kind. Sin was in the woman; she alone could pass along the genetics within her mitochondria vessels. Imagine that; the women’s genetics have the transportation device — the mitochondria — wherein genes are hidden. As the mother of all living, it was Eve’s genes that made it aboard the Ark of Noah.

So, why all the genetics? Because fear is genetic. Mankind (anthropos) cannot help themselves because it is their nature to fear. Our countenance is the face of fear and has been since the first sin.  After realizing that they had sinned, Adam and Eve cowered when confronted by God, “They heard the Voice of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the Presence of the Lord God amongst the trees of the Garden” (Gen 3:8). They were not afraid of Satan; they were afraid of God.

Imagine that; they had just been deceived by Satan, in the form of a Beast, but rather than fearing Satan, they feared God! The male Adam was the first to confess that: “I heard thy Voice in the Garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself” (Gen 3:10).

It is taught that they were ashamed of their “flesh.” Their flesh may not have changed at that time.

(They obtained human flesh in preparation for the world when God put onto them coats of flesh v. 21 — corruptible and mortal flesh for their time in the world outside the realm of heaven.)

Therefore, their “nakedness” of which they were ashamed was their subtlety (‘aram in the Hebrew) (Strong 2006). They had assumed the nature of the Beast. The demon, Lucifer, had overshadowed Eve, apparently with carnal knowledge, for thereafter, they would “beget” rather than God (Gen 4).

They were like the first creature (Lucifer) who rebelled from God and used deception, or “subtlety” and to this day, according to Jesus: “You are of your father the Devil, and the lusts of your father you will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it” (John 8:43).

Jesus revealed several things; among them were that our kind (anthropoia) is genetically like the Devil, Satan, and that our nature is “subtlety” like that of the Devil’s, the Serpent. Think not that Eve was encompassed by some serpentine beast, but an unholy alien being from the world who connived its way into the Garden.

Who did Adam and Eve really fear? Sure, they feared retribution by God but what they feared primally was themselves. When Roosevelt said, “You have nothing to fear but fear itself,” that implies that everyone, if they fear anything, they should fear what is inside of themselves.

Jesus expanded upon that when He said, “Fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear Him which is able to destroy both soul and body in Hell” (Mat 10:28).

Who “killed” Adam? Adam, both of the adama, killed themselves, male and female, they did that! They chose death and they did that by seeking knowledge that could harm them.

What knowledge was that? Demonic knowledge. So, you don’t believe in demons? Neither did Adam and Eve; they thought that being was an angel of Light (Lucifer) and that it would bring Light, or truth, to them. Rather than Light and Truth, they were the receptors for darkness and deception, and to this day, mankind is gullible to lies and deception while they shun the truth.

Ironically, the truth aroused their fear in God. They both realized (Gen 3:7) the truth, the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were now “deceivers” and that their nature had changed. They did not fear the Beast for it was too late; the Beast was in them and wherever they would go, there was the Beast.

They did multiply, but not living souls. They multiplied many “beasts” and Eve was the mother of all of them. When scripture says that we “come short of the glory of God” (Rom 3:23), that coming short is the Beast, or brutishness, inside ourselves. Again, it is ourselves that we fear.

No wonder so many are paranoid. “Paranoia is an instinct or thought process that is believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety, suspicion, or fear, often to the point of delusion and irrationality” (Collins 2018). Get that… paranoia is instinctual. It is written in the DNA of every person.

The beasts instinctually fear everything but their own kind; they generally live in peace with each other. However, man’s greatest enemy is other men (and women); we war with others, with God, and with ourselves.

Paranoia is unfounded fear. It is the expectation that many or even everybody is out to get you. In a sense, it is yourself of whom you should be afraid.

You need not live in fear. You only need to trust God to overcome the world for you.

 

32 Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave me alone: and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with Me. 33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in Me you might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. (John 16:32-33)

 

Jesus has already overcome the world. Trust that He has! Never fear the world, but only fear God. You are the one that can kill the body, but God can perish both the body and the soul — the body to the grave and the soul judged to be worthy of Hell. Satan cannot kill your soul and demons are less effective (Book of Job). They can provide tribulation, but God determines when and if you die. When is that? When there is no longer a need for you in this world, and so long as you work for God, and not Satan, there is a need for you here.

 

Now, I have a confession to make. As a child, I was afraid of myself. I recognized my own paranoia by examining reality — the actual facts.

I would often walk from home to the auction house down the road. It was about one-half mile. I stayed on the sidewalk until it ran out. I could almost see the auction from that distance.

During the winter, I would wear earmuffs because of the cold. I could hear my own heart beating as I walked. I didn’t know that I was hearing me, so thinking that they were the footsteps of someone else, I would run. The faster that I ran, the faster the “man” chased me. By the time I got to the light, I saw that there was nobody chasing me. I had feared myself. I had been paranoid because there was no rational reason to be fearful!

I should have learned my lesson the first time, but no; each time I ran faster out of more fear than the time before. It was only from my safe-space at home with my parents that I resolved that fear of myself. If there was really someone out to get me, he would have already gotten me. I had scared myself many times, but each time I had arrived safely. Sometimes I had not gone to the auction because I had been afraid. I had not been afraid of real things but my own heartbeat.

If my heart had trusted God, then God would have been with me. (This is not fabricated: it really happened!) I was afraid of myself, and to this day, I do not like being alone.

To be honest, I was afraid of the dark growing up because the darkness ravaged my mind. There was always a “monster” under the bed and one behind every tree. Only when I trusted Jesus did the monsters leave me and the trees became beautiful again.

Satan does not scare me now. I am not important enough for him to spend time on me. However, demons do the dirtiest work, scaring people of what is inside of them. Our problem is that we do not have demons inside, but the shadow of Lucifer that is us inside. We all should understand that the inward us is our problem, but demons make it appear that it is others we should fear. As such, others become the demons in our minds, and they won’t go away until Jesus comes in.

Paul wrote that Christians are Jews inwardly (Rom 2:29). Jews are the remnant remaining of the Hebrews from Abraham and God’s Covenant with him.

Abraham means “Shield.” As Jews inwardly, God is our “Shield” because the nature of Abraham had been changed from “Abram.” In other words, God is the Shield of Christians and as Christians, we trust in God to shield us.

Paranoia is not something of which to be ashamed because most of us fear ourselves. At one time, I feared me so much that I turned down promotions at work. I feared that I was not capable of the tasks at hand. With God, I overcame that fear. I had been paranoid and feared myself. I learned that I can do all things if in Christ. He is my Shield, of which Paul wrote, “Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked” (Ephes 6:16).

Sure, we should fear some things. But they must be tangible things. We must fear the ones that can destroy the body — bad doctors, evil-doers, dangerous activities, the occult, and even drugs. We must never fear the shadows nor the silent but vocal voices in our minds that scare us to death. The Voice of God can preserve us if we trust the Word.

After Adam and Eve wore the Garment of God, no longer did they fear either what they could not see, nor did they fear themselves.

As for Noah, he feared the new world when he took off the Garment of God — Grace — even for one night. His “nakedness” was exposed, not his flesh, but who he truly was inside. He feared the genes that identified him as specifically him. He was afraid of what he might do. Afterward, for little or no reason, paranoia enveloped him, and he feared his own son, Ham, and cursed his grandson, Canaan, because he was like the evil one from before the flood.

I could go on with how the mind works to scare us to death, bit by bit, until we wither away. The world worked on Adam for 930 years until he tired of his inner self.  The mind can work for us or against us, but that is for another day.

Neither God nor the Serpent killed Adam. He did it himself because the Devil wore him down, as we learn from the Books of Adam and Eve. 

(picture credit; "Worrying Man;" Unsplash) 

 


 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment