Sunday, December 2, 2018

Everything before: Anything But

     Christ should come first. No, let me change that: Christ MUST come first. The only MUSTS in the Bible are associated with regeneration - being born again. That's what salvation is all about: putting God before anything else, especially yourself. Christians, however, seem to be satisfied with tithing their time, but God gets the last ten percent, not the first, if even that!
     People always do what they want to do. Most of the time, they want to put themselves first. Some Christians want to do anything but what God wants them to do. This morning I skipped church for the first time in ages. I did what I wanted to do. However, I still do what God wants me to do. Many Christians will do anything but God's will. Some put everything before God. By doing that, there is a declaration made: I come first; I come before God. That's risky, to say the least!
     Wanting to do God's will is the expectation that God has for us - His adopted children. On the other hand, we tend to do what the Devil wants us to do; you know that invisible creature whose desire is to steal God's thunder. We tend to do the Devil's will instead of what God wants us to do.
     God wants sincere Christians. Satan wants push-overs. You can say you're safe all you want but you put yourself in jeopardy when God has no place in your schedule. As I hiked this day, I thought on that. Am I a sincere Christian? How sincere need we be? Certainly putting everything and anything before God is not sincerity. Some will do anything but God's will.
     Yoga is again on my mind. I've been studying other religions. Yoga has tainted Christianity; some say that they only do the positions part. I've spoken on that before. That is taking a knee to another god. My hiking on Sunday worried me. Was I walking for God or for me? We all know the answer. Again, I came up short!
     Yoga is so widespread in the Christian community that it should worry sincere Christians. I should not worry about you but you should! I'm busy keeping myself reverent.
     Yoga means "to yoke". That worries me? Who to yoke with whom? I studied that: it is the yogi yoking with the Vedic gods: Brahma for one. Christian yogis yoke with another un-Christian god. What is wrong with that? It is having another god in God's face - a violation of the First Commandment. It comes first for a reason: it is imperative! It's the most fundamental of the Laws. Of course, Christians rationalize that as Old Testament regulation and is no longer important! Well, look at this:
Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? (2 Cor 6:14).
    Paul is a New Testament apostle. The "unequal yoke" of which he wrote is Christians with non-Christians, and light with darkness.  It is almost as if Paul is saying, don't do yoga - do not be yoked.
     On the other hand, we can be yoked!
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. (Mat 11:28-30).
    How are we to yoke with Jesus? Depend on Jesus - trust him! Isn't that so much easier than working hard to yoke with a false God. Oriental religions are all works oriented. Nirvana can only be achieved by doing things! Nirvana is the final yoke with Buddha's god since Buddha is not even a god nor claimed to be.  One of the things people do to yoke with their false god is yoga. What's so hard about believing what they say themselves and comparing it with what God says?
    Now you can attack me: I should have been in church today praising God. I could say, "But I did that while hiking." True, I thought about God but did little praising; none that I am aware. Thus, I am guilty and stand corrected. Now if you are a yogi, can that be justified? I judged me... you judge yourself. I have just given some verses in order to judge fairly. It's up to you to be your own judge but God has wisely given us metrics in order to judge ourselves. They are written on stone tablets for a reason: to last for perpetuity.


No comments:

Post a Comment