Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Annihilation

     Atheists and others who just want to do their own thing, hope for annihilation -complete and utter destruction. Many fail to believe that their souls ever existed, and fail to believe it even has the possibility of existing in the hereafter. Their "hope" is that there is no Hell, and since Heaven is escapement from Hell, then for them there is no Heaven either. What remains? Nothingness. That is annihilation.
     Think on the sadness of that: wishing that they just will cease to exist! No wonder the world is in despair.
     When I was a youth, one time I drank too much scotch, and got into a drunken state. (This happened because I was not a drinker; I just thought, this one time is okay.) My mistake; I was annihilated except I still had a mind. In my stupor, I levitated to the ceiling until my nose touched, then commenced to spinning around my nose as a pivot point. As inertia propelled me, I went faster and faster. The spirits were unmerciful. I became a centrifuge as the spinning seemed to expel my very being. For a time, I cease to exist but I was aware of it!
     That's one reason I don't imbibe, but that's not my point. It brought back a long-held fear - my fear of annihilation. As a young person, I never feared Hell, I just feared not existing. I still can't imagine an eternity without me in it! My hope is that won't be the case because I have been graced with hope. On the other hand, when demons want to take me for a ride, they take me to the place of my fear. They return me to the void where nothing exists. The isolation of which I preview scares the "Hell out of me." I not only not want Hell, but neither do I want to be annihilated. Hell is not final; it is eternal. Not existing is termination. I'm afraid, though, that if only annihilation exists, I will know that it exists and of my presence in it!
     Everyone gets lonesome. Being alone is terrifying. Imagine "aloneness" forever. That is annihilation. It came to me that one aspect of Hell is isolation. Perhaps everyone will be alone in a crowd. I often feel alone in a crowd in the world because I am a peculiar person as scripture calls Christians. How would it be if I was a non-Christian in a hateful place? There will be no fraternization in Hell; it will be spiritual annihilation, only never quite terminating.
     Maybe my childhood fears were isolation in Hell. Maybe I never dreamed of the agony of it at that time. On the other hand, everyone, giving themselves time to think, should fear no longer existing. If that is frightful, then consider existing but in agony! That made a believer out of me. If nothing else, seek God to save your own skin, then he will take care of the "loving Him" part.

No comments:

Post a Comment