Monday, July 31, 2023

OFFENSIVENESS OF THE TRUTH

 About giving good things as the Father does us, Jesus said, “Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets” (Mat 7:12) (KEY VERSE).

First off, in “all things whatsoever.” There are no exceptions. There is nothing that should be neglected for us to do for others. Secondly, that is not a suggestion nor a rule but the “Law” as presented to the world by the prophets.

The measure of what we are to do for others is our expectation of what they should do for each of us.

What would you desire, my friend? The ultimate thing for a man to do for his friend is to risk his life. Jesus did that, “Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends” (John 15:13). Again, Jesus did that, not only for His friends, but He enemies. He laid down His life, because of so much love for us, that “whosoever” should not perish (John 3:16).

Recently, I wrote my thoughts about atheism. I knew in advance that it would be rejected by atheists because all their lives, doubts have been sowed in their minds. Without even their awareness, they have accepted falsehood after falsehood. Science even admits that; just this morning the headlines read, “Scientists Say Textbooks Are Wrong About the Origin of Life” (Harrison 2023).

The science changes often. For atheists to know the “truth” they must keep up with the daily news. For Christians to know the truth, they only need to remember the “Good News.”

As expected, my friend responded negatively; even agitated and angry. He let me know that I was no longer his friend. I challenged his thesis and for that I forfeited our friendship. I lost a friend because I had the audacity to reveal to him that he just might be wrong. Why would I do such a thing as that?  Because I loved him so much, even as a sinner, that I desired that he would never perish. I did that for him because I would have wanted him to do that for me if the situation had been turned around.

Each morning I write things that might offend many. However, have I not written the truth? I have written about evil government officials, politicians, and even the entertainment industry, but have I not written the truth?

Some may say that I should not have done that to the man; that I offended him. Well, think about Jesus, “And they were offended in Him” (Mat 13:57). “They” were his friends and neighbors. Jesus, who was thought to be nothing more than a tradesman, offended them because he was neither a High Priest nor royalty, or so they thought.

What had Jesus revealed to them that was so repugnant? 

49 So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just, 50 And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. (Mat 13:49:50)

 They did not want to hear that! It was the truth, but they did not want to hear that. So, just as I would do much later, Jesus offended them. What had I told my friend? That he would die and suffer the consequences. What was Jesus telling them? The consequences of sin.

What is the most offensive thing that anyone can say? You will go to Hell. Why would Jesus say that to his friends and neighbors? “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life” (John 3:16). It seems that the most loving thing — saving from Hell — but is the most offensive thing. How dare me warn my neighbors that their houses are on fire. How dare me warn my neighbors that their souls might burn with it! Is that what I desire for them to do for me?

“The adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour” (1 Pet 5:8). Each day, I write of our “burning Church;” that the structure and its inhabitants are in danger of perishing. How dare that I should do that! That is so offensive that even the preacher seems offended.  

We cannot warn even our brothers, sisters, or friends that the Church is about to erupt in flames. The spirits are already in its foundation, and God is set to ignite the Institution that He founded. He did it with Israel and Judea, yet even Christians are offended that a mere engineer should warn them of their impending doom. The ingredients for the eruption of flames are all around us, yet we can never offend our brothers and sisters.

They think they are secure, but all the while they may die: 

25 There is a conspiracy of her prophets in the midst thereof, like a roaring lion ravening the prey; they have devoured souls; they have taken the treasure and precious things; they have made her many widows in the midst thereof. 26 Her priests have violated My Law, and have profaned mine holy things: they have put no difference between the holy and profane, neither have they shewed difference between the unclean and the clean, and have hid their eyes from My sabbaths, and I am profaned among them. (Ezek 22:25-26)

 Of course, that means Judah, but applies to the end of times for the Church. Who destroyed Israel? False prophets. The “church” destroyed the “Church.” How did God’s prophets do that? They made no difference between right and wrong. The Church will be destroyed because those who minister the Church will accept the profane before they will the truth.

To be honest, the Church cares more about the building than the Church. Why would the congregation vote on facilities for the building but not about continuation of Sunday night services?

That families are too busy to worship God on the Lord’s Day is flimsy at best. We are to honor God on the Lord’s Day not just in the morning.

Have you heard more sermons about the dangers of the social media than about the souls that are in danger? If you have, you have heard the profane rather than the holy.

Holy things are offensive. Jesus offended his “Church” because He preached an offensive thing: that the penalty of unrepentant sin is death in the fires of Hell.

Now, teachers can teach neither on the fires of Hell nor about the signs of the end at all. Ezekiel would have been cast out of the modern Church by the priests! They would have been ashamed that he taught the truth!

To be honest, we are looking at the wrong adversaries. The priests: the ministers, preachers, elders, and even the deacon boards, are those who are the most danger to the destruction of the Church. Not that they will set the fire but that they will quench the Holy Spirit that is the fire! 

18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. 19 Quench not the Spirit. 20 Despise not prophesyings. (1 Thes 5:18-20)

 “In everything,” just as in the key verse at the start. The prophesying was a forewarning of the conspiracy of the prophets. Each day I write of the conspiracies that are orchestrated by Lucifer (Isa 14:12-14) and warned about by Ezekiel. In the Church, I am not allowed to teach about such things because the congregants might be offended. What if Ezekiel had not warned us? What if Jesus had not? Then, the Church would go down just as the Temple did twice.

Who destroyed the Temples? Not the Babylonians nor the Romans. They were mere tools for their destruction. The false prophets, the kings, and those who listened to them destroyed the Temples.

Who will destroy the Church? False teachers and those who teach profane things rather than spiritual things. Preaching against the social media is profane compared to worrying about offending the congregation in things that have been rightly prophesied.

What I write here is certain to offend many. However, be forewarned, the truth offends and if it does not offend some, perhaps it is not the truth!

(picture credit: Foreign Policy)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment